YB8MAN on 40-meters

Eric Dallmann

YB8MAN, Badrin, is calling CQ on 40-meters right now.  Decent signal into Illinois.

Eric/K9VIC

Stephen Melachrinos

Eric (and others) -

Be careful. I think he's previously used a remote base in the US but neglected to identify properly.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 20:40, Eric Dallmann
<k9vic@...> wrote:
YB8MAN, Badrin, is calling CQ on 40-meters right now.  Decent signal into Illinois.

Eric/K9VIC

I've worked him several times. He's always got a strong signal.
Steve's assessment is very accurate and a definite possibility.
Looking at gray line, it's possible, but why not other signals from that geographic area?
I wouldn't rule out a remote station in Canada either.
Just sayin'...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

<k9vic@...> wrote:
YB8MAN, Badrin, is calling CQ on 40-meters right now.  Decent signal into Illinois.

Eric/K9VIC

Eric Dallmann

Thanks for the heads-up.  His signal was extremely good and I don't hear anyone else from that area at all (pretty much ever - at least not since the last solar cycle).  He indicated that he was in a small village, but didn't say anything about the location of his transmitter.