Yaesu FTDX-101 MP

All' y'all...
Does anyone in our Club have a Yaesu FTDX-101 MP?
I'm going to start circling the wagon's on choosing a new HF radio.
The idea of having 2 totally independent SDR receivers is calling me, plus it comes with a speaker and power supply.
This is going to be my last HF rig purchase...(I've hardly ever said that before)...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

JoAnn Donaldson

Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

It sounds like a FLEX 6600M is right up your ally.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Friday, November 19, 2021, 06:15:35 PM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

All' y'all...
Does anyone in our Club have a Yaesu FTDX-101 MP?
I'm going to start circling the wagon's on choosing a new HF radio.
The idea of having 2 totally independent SDR receivers is calling me, plus it comes with a speaker and power supply.
This is going to be my last HF rig purchase...(I've hardly ever said that before)...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Jim K5SP

Whatever you get, buy 2 and send one to me. I am just a poor enlisted.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Chief...load the wagon...don't worry about the mule...
You're #1 on the list...
Milt.
N6MG

Whatever you get, buy 2 and send one to me. I am just a poor enlisted.

Jim

<n6mg@...> wrote:
All' y'all...
Does anyone in our Club have a Yaesu FTDX-101 MP?
I'm going to start circling the wagon's on choosing a new HF radio.
The idea of having 2 totally independent SDR receivers is calling me, plus it comes with a speaker and power supply.
This is going to be my last HF rig purchase...(I've hardly ever said that before)...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Milt,
What is the difference with the FTDX-101D?  Is one 100 watts and the other 200 watts?  Sherwood ratings has it in first place.  I hear the interface takes a little getting use to.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob...
Good question.
There's more filtering options on the MP model, than the D model.
The speaker/power supply comes with the MP model.
Yip, double the RF out on the MP, nice, but not a determining factor.
Those Sherwood ratings on the MP are impressive.
I really haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning towards the MP.
The critical path is still: Aerial --> Feed Line --> Receiver.
That's where I am. No game face yet, but I'm getting there.
And now, Jim tells me I have to get 2...I'll get right on that! :-)
Milt.
N6MG