From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: 070 Club <070club@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Dec 22, 2020 1:10 pm
Subject: [070Club] Worked a new-to-me 070 number

This morning I finally work my old friend Mike , KA9DFI, on PSK31 (and RTTY) on 40m.  He hasn't been on for years due to computer and/or rig problems. He vey difficult to work because there is about 25 miles between us as well as the Marengo Ridge which is somewhat difficult for RF to get over at times. Plus he's  on a vertical and I'm horizontal.

Anyhow, had a great time working #0437 !  Thanks Mike !

BTW, Mike & I have been friends for over 30 years.  He got his Extra when I was still messing around as a Tech. Smart fellow who holds 2 Doctorates and is working on a 3rd...

Mike has stated that I was his only PSK contact this year. Whether or not he gets back on PSK I won't give odds on that.  He hasn't been on PSK for many years, but prefers CW, SSTV and RTTY.  Sorry to be bearer of sad news.

Jerry   n9avy

On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 05:40:12 PM CST, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

Jerry -

I hope Mike stays on the air for a while. I need him too!

This morning I finally work my old friend Mike , KA9DFI, on PSK31 (and RTTY) on 40m.  He hasn't been on for years due to computer and/or rig problems. He vey difficult to work because there is about 25 miles between us as well as the Marengo Ridge which is somewhat difficult for RF to get over at times. Plus he's  on a vertical and I'm horizontal.

Anyhow, had a great time working #0437 !  Thanks Mike !

BTW, Mike & I have been friends for over 30 years.  He got his Extra when I was still messing around as a Tech. Smart fellow who holds 2 Doctorates and is working on a 3rd...

Jerry  n9avy