From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of N9JCA Chris via groups.io <n9jca1@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2022 9:49:57 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>; 070ClubContests@groups.io <070ClubContests@groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] Winter Field Day

Is anyone Planning on operating Winter Field Day

Jan 29 - 30  1900 thru 1900  ( 24 hrs )

I will be Operating Winter Field Day

as N9JCA 1H IN  Hope to see you all on the Waterfall

Chris N9JCA PODXS #797 LONP #165

73

Steve WB3LGC

My Plan is to operate WFD from BSA Camp Rodney in North East, MD as I am one of a group of Campmasters at Camp next weekend.
I will not be on the full 24Hr as I will need to pack up soon after 1200z.
I will be operating from a cabin, but have not (yet) determined my class.
As I read the rules,  "inside a remote, insulated, heated and weather-protected structure" ...
"insulated" seems to be emphasized elsewhere (my 100 year old home is not "insulated" and until this morning, heat was an issue).
Since I don't have all four, I "guess" I am OUTDOOR.

I will be QRP with a long wire antenna.
I will operate PSK, JS8call, and some SSB.
I may have scouts looking for a Radio Scouting demo.
See: https://rsgb.org/main/get-started-in-amateur-radio/amateur-radio-a-hobby-for-the-21st-century/

Since I will be QRP;  look for NR3I #2878  aka Steve WB3LGC #2814

On 1/23/22 22:49, N9JCA Chris wrote:
Is anyone Planning on operating Winter Field Day

Jan 29 - 30  1900 thru 1900  ( 24 hrs )

I will be Operating Winter Field Day

as N9JCA 1H IN  Hope to see you all on the Waterfall

Chris N9JCA PODXS #797 LONP #165

73

Lee McDaniel WB4QOJ

I'll be there.

((( 73 ))) Lee WB4QOJ
 070 # 2857

-----------

“The work of volunteer groups throughout our country represents the very heart and soul of America. They have helped make this the most compassionate, generous, and humane society that ever existed on the face of this earth.”

— Ronald Reagan

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022, 11:47 AM Steve WB3LGC <email@...> wrote:

[...]

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I plan to operate Winter Field Day.  I'll be near Ocala, FL operating from my Class B campervan.  I'm having problems with stray rf that I'm working out.  Hopefully will have that worked out soon.  I'll be on 10 and/or 20 PSK.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Bob KC9UR

I plan to operate portable from my car at Quabache State Park (POTA K-2263) in northern Indiana.  The weatherman is predicting highs in the high teens and partly sunny!  Hope to see you on the waterfall!  I'll probably start on 40m sometime after 2pm EST.  Prior to the start of Winter Field Day, I plan to operate portable from Roush Lake State Fish and Wildlife Ared (POTA K-4208) to work POTA hunters on PSK31.
-
Bob, KC9UR 1620/241

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Good luck Bob. I guess I wimped out at 5 degrees F today and tonight. I will be 1H QRP from my cozy shack.

Steve
VA3FLF
2301

On Jan 29, 2022, at 10:58, Bob KC9UR <rebill05@...> wrote:

I plan to operate portable from my car at Quabache State Park (POTA K-2263) in northern Indiana.  The weatherman is predicting highs in the high teens and partly sunny!  Hope to see you on the waterfall!  I'll probably start on 40m sometime after 2pm EST.  Prior to the start of Winter Field Day, I plan to operate portable from Roush Lake State Fish and Wildlife Ared (POTA K-4208) to work POTA hunters on PSK31.
-
Bob, KC9UR 1620/241

Bob KC9UR

I'd like to thank everyone who worked me today.  I ended up with a total of 30 QSOs, 9 POTA and 21 Winter Field Day, and successfully activated both parks.  One POTA hunter commented that this was his first PSK31 POTA contact - maybe a future 070 member?  Even though it was a bit chilly (high today was just +19F), it was great fun.  Who has more fun than a ham?
-
73,
Bob KC9UR