What mode on 7.070 at 22:41 UTC on 10/3/2021

Stephen KO4CVU

Just curious to find out what mode is being used to broadcast on several offsets tonight. Can’t seem to find it with Fldigi.
Thanks!
--
Stephen, KO4CVU

Stephen KO4CVU

This is the waterfall. The transmissions come on for approx. 10 seconds then don’t resume again for 20 seconds. There are anywhere from 3 to 9 simultaneous transmissions at individual offsets. I’m just a curious newbie. Locator is EM83vn. Thanks!
Stephen, KO4CVU

Jim K5SP

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 6:13 PM, Stephen KO4CVU
<goinfishin1952@...> wrote:

This is the waterfall. The transmissions come on for approx. 10 seconds then don’t resume again for 20 seconds. There are anywhere from 3 to 9 simultaneous transmissions at individual offsets. I’m just a curious newbie. Locator is EM83vn. Thanks!
Stephen, KO4CVU

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Stephen KO4CVU

Jim,
Thanks, I tried WSJT-X again and this time was able to decode the FT8. Looks like S9OK is having a big time on 7.070 I am having a rough time making contact with anyone tonight. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
--
Stephen, KO4CVU

John Kirby

   Hi Stephen es welcome

Couple tips re FT8 es FT4

Your PC clock must be set to  WWV  +/-  two seconds

Your SSB ALC must not go into hard clamping action, else max splatter es distortion ... IF so ... reduce audio drive ... use WSJT-X SLIDER or PC (audio  output) drop window... splatter ... overdrive distortion also applies to PSK

72 73 74
QRPp^MAX  = 1W
John
N3AAZ
070 1337 ... LONP 0349

Stephen KO4CVU

John,

I appreciate the tips and will try to follow them.

I did finally get WSJT-X working and decoded a whole bunch of calls from US call signs to S9OK. After a quick check on QRZ.com, I learned that 10/3 was the first day that the S9OK Czech DX Pedition (to the island of São Tomé off the West Coast of Africa) would be setting up operations. Their schedule indicates that they will be operating FT8 on 7.071 until 10/15.

All I can figure is that I must have failed to see that my VFO had drifted to 7.071. I am running a uBITX v6 without CAT control so that would have been an easy mistake for me to make.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Sincerely,

Stephen, KO4CVU
Please remember: Hands, Face, Space, Ventilate!