What antenna's do you use/prefer?

This is a subject that comes up fairly often.
Why?, Because we all use the information in our own antenna choice's and the evolution of our current "go-to" antenna.
Is it wire? Aluminum? A combination, dependent on the band or time of the day?
Do you use a different antenna, by mode?
When you put up your antenna, what factors influenced your choice?
Pictures?
Never too many antenna's!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Jim K5SP

Have only one antenna at this time, it is an end fed wire, the QSO-KING.   I put it up to try and get the 160 mode working. It is a great wire antenna for 80-10 meters.

I also have a Gap Titan DX that is on the ground.  I have reworked it but am awaiting grandson to come help putting it back up.  At 77 with a bad back from falling on a hatch coaming while on a DD, I cannot do much by myself.  And all the local hams are stuck-up and don't help us old farts out.  I put that Titan up in 1999, and it served me well for 20 years. Went with vertical that had no radials because the xyl would not allow a tower (and a SK a couple blocks away once told me that I lived in a tower restricted area).

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Paula K7PAX #1739

Jim, please reply to me privately at k7pax@... because I would like to talk more about your QSO King end-fed wire. Thanks! I also have one but want to discuss wire length.

Paula

On May 13, 2021, at 11:13 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

Ron Bosch

I currently run two antennas for HF. The first one is a 132' End Fed Random that is marginal on 40/80, great on 20 down.  Its major issues are lobes due to its bent (more like wrapped around my yard on three sides) configuration and the fact that is only 20 feet high at the highest point.  The second is an Off Center Fed Dipole in an inverted V that is 22' at the highest point, and 10' off the ground on the long end.  These are a result of living in an antenna restricted house.

The antennas I want are a 67.5-foot tall Discone stood off the top of a 120' tower. and a 529-foot loop as high as I can get it, but those will have to wait for the move to Oregon in 6 years.  It's always good to dream :-)

Ron
KE4DRF