Topics

Welcome 2811

Jim K5SP

Please join me in welcoming new member:

2811 Terry KZ4KX

Terry's Membership data is 12/12/20, which means those contacts he has had since the contest started count as a member. 

Welcome to the club Terry!

Jim K5SP
Executive Director
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

Welcome Terry
Jim,
I had a contact with Terry last night and uploaded but he doesn't show up in my LONP list.  I have had contacts with several new members in the past few months and they don't show up either.  Looking at the Alpha list, the last entry was with #2786 on 7/8/20.  Is it possible that they have to be on the list before you can get credit for the contact and if so, how do we update it?

John
KC3FL

Stephen Melachrinos

John -

That's an artifact of the broken software. Something isn't getting connected between the "add the new member" logic and the "rebuild the membership list" logic. As a result, we are defaulting to more manual processes that aren't reflected in the endorsement checker.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Welcome 2811

Welcome Terry
Jim,
I had a contact with Terry last night and uploaded but he doesn't show up in my LONP list.  I have had contacts with several new members in the past few months and they don't show up either.  Looking at the Alpha list, the last entry was with #2786 on 7/8/20.  Is it possible that they have to be on the list before you can get credit for the contact and if so, how do we update it?

John
KC3FL

Agreed!
Steve is absolutely correct.
The checker shows me with 846.
My records put me at 848. I'm aware of the 2 missing contacts and I know who they are.
It doesn't really matter until my records indicate 850. 
Then a quick eye-ball scan by management will be necessary for the 50 new earned contacts.
It's not quite time for Steve to start looking over his shoulder just yet... :-)
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2020 9:36 am

John -

That's an artifact of the broken software. Something isn't getting connected between the "add the new member" logic and the "rebuild the membership list" logic. As a result, we are defaulting to more manual processes that aren't reflected in the endorsement checker.

Steve
W3HF

To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Welcome Terry
Jim,

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

Yep,  noticed that.

Jerry  n9avy

On Sunday, December 13, 2020, 11:17:26 AM CST, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Welcome Terry
Jim,

John
KC3FL

Ken Campbell

Welcome to the family, Mr. Terry! 👍🏻👋🏻😁
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD
070 #801
LONP #187

Jim K5SP

John

I checked your last submission and you are correct.  Your log was submitted at 12:05:29 12/13/20.  Under you In Progress column when I click on the blue 491 under HAVE, the last log entry was 20201214 @ 0301Z.  (KM4MK).  Try resubmitting your latest log and lets see if it picks it up this time.  (Not sure what time your QSo with Terry was.

Jim

On 12/13/2020 11:17 AM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

Welcome Terry
Jim,

John
KC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director