73,
Bill
AG4QX

Bill, let me say 1st of all, I've done the "middle-of-a-contest mistake" also. And, it's no easy task to
kick oneself in the bum, is it?
It was a long time ago, & with logging software.
I don't use HRD/DM780, but, if you look at some of the drop down menu's, maybe under "FILE",
is there a "Save Configuration" choice? If there's a "Save", there's got to be a way to reload it.
Just my thoughts and sympathy...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

Darin - NY7H

I did the same thing last night. I was hoping it would fix my logbook crashing. Not sure if thats fixed but i think i found a bug in DM-870.  It's still usable but I wasn't able to right click on a callsign, select callsign from drop down and have it populate the ALE tab.  I didn't lose my Macros but now that I've rebooted who knows.

It's was late and other little things started to creep in so I called it a night. Rebooted the computer and figured I'll attack it today.

GL in contest.

Darin
NY7H

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022, 5:20 AM Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

I made a rookie mistake this morning.  I installed the latest Ham Radio Deluxe update in the middle of a contest.  It took my system back to default including no macros.  I hope the macros are still here somewhere and I can find them but setting up software that I have been tweeking for 10 years will be a real pain.

Also when I started HRD a window popped up saying "there is already an HRD Logbook running did I want to start another".  I checked in Task Manager  and there was another running so I ended it.  Don't know what happened there or what will happen next as I must get ready for my club meeting this morning.

Good luck in the Three Day!  Hopefully I will be back sometime this afternoon.

73,
Bill
AG4QX

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

I just looked at the HRD Peer support and it appears a lot of people are having issues. Very disappointing with Mike and the gang on this one, they have done such a good job making a reliable product. This seems like they rushed to get this out. I imagine there will be a 6.8 something else in a couple of days.

Bill-
For several reasons I reverted to back to HRD V6.7.0.357 some time ago and have not updated to 6.8, so this may not still be the case.  But as of the last version of 6.7 it still was.

Macros were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\DigitalMaster 780 -  as DMMacroDefns_???.xml.  No automatic backups.  Logbooks, including automatic backups, were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming|HRDLLC\HRD Logbook  -.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Bill Williams

Rick,

Thanks, found it.  the old file is still there but it defaults to the new file and you cannot change it in the "storage" options.  You have to go to the macro manager and load it.  Not sure how to get all the other settings active again.

Thanks again and 73,
Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 12:04 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Bill-
For several reasons I reverted to back to HRD V6.7.0.357 some time ago and have not updated to 6.8, so this may not still be the case.  But as of the last version of 6.7 it still was.

Macros were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\DigitalMaster 780 -  as DMMacroDefns_???.xml.  No automatic backups.  Logbooks, including automatic backups, were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming|HRDLLC\HRD Logbook  -.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Bill Williams

Darin,

I found my macros and got them loaded but now know I also have the same callsign bug.  If I can figure out how to load all my settings or if I can go through every setup and get it back where it was I will try the contest again.  I have had a ongoing problem with my logbook hanging up DM78  and hoped the new update would fix it ... no it didn't.

73,
Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 10:40 AM Darin - NY7H <darin.crowley@...> wrote:
[...]

How did you revert to the older version?

Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 12:04 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Bill-
For several reasons I reverted to back to HRD V6.7.0.357 some time ago and have not updated to 6.8, so this may not still be the case.  But as of the last version of 6.7 it still was.

Macros were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\DigitalMaster 780 -  as DMMacroDefns_???.xml.  No automatic backups.  Logbooks, including automatic backups, were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming|HRDLLC\HRD Logbook  -.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Bill Williams

Guys,

I am out for the weekend and until they get HRD fixed.  I can manually enter the call and transfer my TDW macros but then it would not transmit.  A popup says DM780 is not connected to HRD.

73,
Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 12:04 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Bill-
For several reasons I reverted to back to HRD V6.7.0.357 some time ago and have not updated to 6.8, so this may not still be the case.  But as of the last version of 6.7 it still was.

Macros were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\DigitalMaster 780 -  as DMMacroDefns_???.xml.  No automatic backups.  Logbooks, including automatic backups, were stored in  -  C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming|HRDLLC\HRD Logbook  -.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Bill-
Fortunately, I had archived the old setup files of the previous versions before I downloaded the latest.  I believe HRD takes down the old version whenever they upload a new one and you can't get back from their website.  Might be wrong, and someone else may know better.  But that is what worked for me.

I helped Buz WA5AMM do a revert a little while ago.  Some of those old versions probably won't work as there were different MS files (some of which are no longer available) that had to load.  Then too, HRD changed their product key methodology and I don't know if the current key will work on the old versions.  I know it does for Ver 6.6.0.236 as that is what I'm currently running on a Win 7 machine.  I can send you the setup file for it if it helps.  Also Ver 6.7.0.227, but I don't use.  Let me know if you want one or the other.

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Bill did you open a support ticket? Recommend you do so they are aware of the issue. I see a logbook issue in peer support. I hope someone opened a ticket.

Bill Williams

I did not pay for support this year .. or last year  .. or etc.  I don't think I can turn in a ticket.  I made an entry on the peer support page.

Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 6:26 PM Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF via groups.io <oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill did you open a support ticket? Recommend you do so they are aware of the issue. I see a logbook issue in peer support. I hope someone opened a ticket.

Barry VA7GEM

I am currently running this version.
I update with every new version and then revert after reporting
the broken functionality in the new version.
I do not pay for support and just explain in the support ticket that
I am reporting a fault - not looking for support. This system seems to
work after Mike and I discussed it.
GL es hope to have a working product soon.

Barry VA7GEM

Steve
Yes expect to see very quick update.
This one earned HRD a single star.

Bill Williams

Here is my latest.  This is what I reported in the peer group, I do not pay for support.

After the latest update screwed up everything I found a 6.8.0.1 update in my download folder.  I uninstalled all of HRD and installed it.  It seems to be working EXCEPT when started I got a message that Logbook was already running.  Went to Task Manager and there was a copy running in the background.  I had the same problem with the new update.  I stopped the one that was already running and started the new one.  Everything look ok until I tried to transmit a PSK31 test.  Now have a popup box  saying: "Radio   Transmission Failed,  Digital Maser 780 is not connected to Ham Radio Deluxe.  Press OK to connect.  Pressed OK.  Got another popup saying "Error connecting to " port 0".  the requested address in not valid in its context.  Check:"is it the correct address, HRD is started, the HRD TCP/P server is running, Access is not blocked by a firewall."

I clcked OK,  and it started transmitting my test macro.  After complete I clicked the test macro again and I got the same messages again.  Vicious circle.

Maybe my uninstall was not good enough, maybe there are parts that need to be manually deleted.  Maybe going back to 6.8.0.1 was not far enough.  I guess I will wait until HRD does something before moving ahead again.  Reading the peer support I seem to have the worst effects from the latest update.

73,

Bill

AG4QX

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 6:26 PM Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF via groups.io <oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill did you open a support ticket? Recommend you do so they are aware of the issue. I see a logbook issue in peer support. I hope someone opened a ticket.

Bill Williams

Rick,

I may take you up on the 6.7.0.227 offer but not yet.  I will wait to see what HRD is gonna do.

I found a copy of 6.8.0.1 in my Downloads folder and it worked before so I uninstalled the 6.8.0.71 and installed 6.8.0.1 and it is better but not a full fix.  The new problems are different from 6.8.0.71.  I wrote it up in the HRD peer support.  Hopefully someone at HRD reads those entries.

Thanks and 73,
Bill
AG4QX

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 07:38 AM, Bill Williams wrote:
[...]

My experience shows there is no need to delete HRD.
You just end up deleting all your options and settings.
You can just install the version you want over top the
one that is installed.
Currently using v6.7.0.357
v6.8.0.1 has Logbook memory leak problems
v6.8.0.71 new MTCE release DM780 right click is broken
GL de Barry

Barry VA7GEM

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 08:40 AM, Barry VA7GEM wrote:
Bill
My experience shows there is no need to delete HRD.
You just end up deleting all your options and settings.
You can just install the version you want over top the
one that is installed.
Currently using v6.7.0.357
v6.8.0.1 has Logbook memory leak problems
v6.8.0.71 new MTCE release DM780 right click is broken
GL de Barry
v6.7.0.357 has logbook memory leaks and looses contacts.
now trying v6.7.0.275

Darin - NY7H

I had issues all contest with DM-870.  One evening I just posted technical difficulties and started troubleshooting.   I think CAT commands are getting crossed somewhere.  Using DM-870 I would lose contact with radio which would cause my tuner to act up.
I loaded jtdx and was able to move across frequencies without any issues.

Darin
NY7H

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022, 7:38 AM Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:
[...]

I annot venture any quesses to help without knowing
which version HRD, which radio, and what interface.
regards