WARC CRAWL- CHIMP CHASE

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Well, it wasn't a complete bust.  Worked Bob KF3AA Friday evening for the WARC-CRAWL.  But Saturday was pretty much a washout.  Lots of rain.  Did get set up on my deck for a while and contacted Bob again on 40 meters for one CHIMP CHASE contact. Then the skies opened up.  Back again several hours later and was hearing no signals at all on 20 or 40, CQ'd a lot but no returns.  Then the rain came back and I packed it in for the day.  And the 20/40 wire dipole that I have used consistently in portable ops decided to only be a 40 meter antenna yesterday.  High SWR on 20.  Will troubleshoot this week.  Hope others had fun.  I had a little fun but not as much as I was hoping for.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381