W4ELP add-on Program with HRD

Buz Johnson

I used the W4ELP add-on program for HRD during TDW and Field Day contests in the full contest mode and I'm telling you that if you use HRD, you got to try his program.  It operates so sweet.  Single right-click on the call populates the ALE with contact information, and if a PODXS 070 member it puts his or her member number in the comment field.  A second right-click on the station class and a third right-click on the state enter the sender's exchange.  So quick and easy.  I used a separate Field Day logbook in HRD and the dupe feature worked flawlessly.  This program also supports AC2C's SKCC and NAQCC logging programs.  I also bought a separate number keypad to use just for contests and I can send all of my macros with the push of a single key.  The program also has many two-finger hotkeys which are very handy, Ctl B will give you the distance and bearing to the station in the ALE and Alt-Q will send you to his QRZ Lookup page.
--
de, WA5AMM, Buz

Buz Johnson

Another great feature of this program that I forgot to mention is it makes a separate text log file for member QSO’s.  Before I would spend hours going through contest log to find out if I worked a new member for LONP credit.  This was a tedious chore looking for each call in the membership list.  Well, no more.  The W4ELP program asked you if you want to upgrade your PODXS070 membership list every 2 days.  This information is gathered from the membership list on our website and stored on your computer.  You make a text file of your LONP logbook and place it in the S.I.D. Log folder in the main W4ELP Folder and each time you have a QSO with a PODXS070 member the program checks your SID Log to see if his number is there, if not it will log the contact.  No dupes.  I know this feature is only handy for new members with membership numbers greater than 2787, the cutoff for auto LONP checking.

Best 73,

Buz, WA5AMM