From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2021 6:54 am
Subject: [070Club] Various KL7 & KH6 stations

Some of these stations are now in continental U.S.  such as KL7RF/8.   If anyone has submitted one of these for endorsements it will not count. It's either the fault of the checker or a software issue.

Just wanted everyone to be aware of these endorsement problems.

Jerry  N9AVY
Director of Awards & Endorsements

Jerry N9AVY

Milt :

When KL7RF IDs with /8 is a dead giveaway he's not in Alaska.

I usually use with FCC Database or QRZ to determine where these station are located.  Sometimes even use my own log.

I used the checker/software excuse to cover up the real reasons ... carelessness in log entries . Call it what you will.

jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:09:20 AM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Jerry, it's an issue that we all have to be aware of.
It's not the fault of the software or log checker. How's the log checker supposed to know that Bill moved from AK to OH?
As Director of Awards & Endorsements, what criteria do you use to determine the QTH of a KL7 or KH6 callsign?
Milt.
N6MG

Some of these stations are now in continental U.S.  such as KL7RF/8.   If anyone has submitted one of these for endorsements it will not count. It's either the fault of the checker or a software issue.

Just wanted everyone to be aware of these endorsement problems.

Jerry  N9AVY
Director of Awards & Endorsements

Jim K5SP

I would prefer you would not post to the entire membership that issues you encounter in doing your job are caused by the checker and/or software issues.  Your detrimental comments do nothing to solve the issue, and only creates further apprehension among the members about our capabilities.   As a director, you should always be positive about the club and it's membership.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

RRR

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 12:43:17 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

JoAnn Donaldson

A lot of the apps that we use have what is called a Country File. The people that keep this file up to date do a really great job. Whenever a KH6 or KL7 moves to the Lower 48 and keeps their call, the Country File is updated to show that they are now live in OH, OK, and etc.
When a station like this pops up. I first look at my Lookup data which comes from QRZ.XML. If it show AK or HI, then I am confident that it is a real AK or HI. But in this case the call has an "/8" which would automatically tell you it is NOT in AK or HI.

JoAnn
AB8YZ