Uploading to the Award Checker

While reviewing the logs uploaded to the Award Checker, I've noticed a number of members that appear to have not uploaded their log since their initial 50 contacts.  It's not a requirement to upload the log periodically however to receive endorsements it is necessary.  If you're not chasing endorsements, you might want to give it a try, chasing endorsements is a lot of fun.  Remember when uploading your logs make sure you upload the entire log, even the ones you have already uploaded.

John
KC3FL
Award Submission and Validation Director

David Godden

Greetings

Thank you for your note

I have a question:
For those that have numbers greater than 2787 can we just submit our logs and have the endorsements counted??

Frankly the alternative method is extremely arduous difficult time consuming and very frustrating. Please advise

David “Roy” Godden
PODXS 070-2883

--
“Too much of a good thing is bad, but too much of good Whisky is barely enough!” Mark Twain

--
73 de KK6M
David "ROY" Godden

Jim K5SP

David, the checker will work fine for numbers >2787, except for the LONP awards.

The checker doing the LONP requires access to a Google Spreadsheet that contains all member information.  For every submission, it would go and check the sheet to see if any changes had been made, and if so, built a new file to compare the logs against.  The link to the spreadsheet no longer works due to Google deprecating the API, and us not having access to the source code to fix it.  Therefore, it cannot build a new file, and retains the one that it had previously built and uses it to compare logs.  We quickly learned that the API quit working at #2786, and that is why anyone with a >2786 member number does not get recognized for LONP purposes.   It also means that those of us that have contacts with members >2786 have to submit to N6MG for confirmation and credit.

There is a new endorsement checker in progress, but, it is a tremendously huge program, (to allow for checking for ALL endorsements), and is being done by a volunteer in his spare time, while juggling, work, family, and pursuit of a masters degree.

It is a very slow process.

Jim K5SP

On 1/26/2022 12:20 PM, David Godden wrote:
[...]

Jim,  K5SP #483

Harry Wilkins

David,

I recently built an Excel file to parse my log and find contacts with all LONP members, it compares their start date to the QSO contact date and checks to see if it was the first contact.  It still takes a little manipulation, reducing the log file to just the columns needed and converting the date and time to separate columns and go through a few sorts.  If you're well-versed with Excel, I would be happy to share it with you, or if you would like to send me your log, I can parse it and provide you with a list of LONP contacts you can forward to Milt.

Harry, K9HW

[...]

JoAnn Donaldson

Harry, K9HW

I have a Spreadsheet that uses sheet 2 as a database. All of the members that have an 070 number are listed on the sheet 2. One sheet one. I have a column that when you enter a call in the sheet, does an lookup using the database on sheet 2. If there is an match, it shows the 070 number on sheet one. Also if you happen to enter a call that you already have worked it it cause the background color of the call to turn Green. If you like a copy of my spreadsheet email me direct and I will send you a copy.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 02:46:10 PM CST, Harry Wilkins <k9hw@...> wrote:

[...]

Would you please share with me?  It would help me a lot with the LONP issues.

Jim K5SP

On 1/26/2022 3:13 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the offer but it looks like you and I are doing almost exactly the same thing!   I also have the roster in sheet two and when I enter a callsign in sheet one, it does a vlookup of the roster, and if it finds the callsign, it checks for start dates and duplicates as well.  I just put the LONP number into additional columns rather than using colors.  Then I can count the entries in the columns to tell me how many LONP contacts I have in total, and how many are above the magic number of 2785.

[...]

Joe Edom

And just to add another thought to the discussion.  I use sheet 1 to keep track of my LONP contacts.  Sheet 2 is the PODXS Member List.  I have a set of cells at the top of the sheet that allow me to enter a callsign and after hitting enter, it pops out a member number if there is one, and also checks my LONP list (currently at 105) to see if I have worked them before.

As always, many ways to achieve the same objective.

I also use this spreadsheet to track my 365/366 challenge (24 days needed) and the 24x7 challenge (68 hour slots remaining).  I am more than happy to share.

Joe Edom