Update 2 - Planned August PSK31 Expedition (APE) Activations

stan W9SMR

Be on the lookout for APEs starting:

August 4th, 19:00 to 24:00  -  KK6KMU

August 7th, 05:30 to 24:00 – N6MG

This looks to be one of the most popular activities this year. This is the most APE activations we have had since 2012 when 10 APEs took to the field.

See the PODXS 070 Webpage for requirements to launch your very own:  August PSK Expeditions APE

Below is a summary of Official Planned APE Activations as of 8/3/21. Note these are not contests.

The Planned Ape page for the website cannot be updated at this time, the information will be only posted here until the issue is resolved.

OFFICIAL 2021 APE Activations (as of 8/3/21) - X

Aug.

CALL SIGN

070#

QTH

TIME

UTC

BAND(s)

NOTES

KK6KMU

2484

San Clemente Beach State Park, CA

1900-2400

20 M

POTA K-3554

1-31

VQ9HF

(aka W3HF)

25

Diego Garcia, BIOT
IOTA AF-006
Grid MI62

TBA

Will notify via reflector

Beautiful Tropical Island, Indian Ocean

13–15

AC9HP

2831

Monroe Lake SP

Bloomington, IN

1100-

1400,

0000-

0400

10-40 M

POTA K-4171

WWFF KFF-4171

Friday 00-04 only,

Sunday 11–14 only

KC0JQO

1771

Fort Ridgely SP

Fairfax, MN

1800-

2200

20 M

POTA and

CCC on the Air

20-22

KB3RAN

1692

West Quoddy Head Lighthouse
Lubec, Me

Day & Eve

20/40 M

Working ILLHS

20-22

KC9UR
(w / W9SMR)

1620
(1611)

Trine State Rec. Area, NE Indiana
POTA K-4182

Day & Eve

6-80 M

QSL card & Certificate.
9th Annual APE

KC0JQO

1771

Forest City

Threshers Show,

Forest City, MN

1600-

2300

20 M

Annual portable

Setup show event

N6MG

650

Elsinore Peak, CA

Grid DM13

1230-

2400

20M

3,575 ft asl

Note also that you may earn a CHIMP CHASE Atta-Boy by operating portable during the Endorsement Daze #5 Event on August 21-22. See PODXS 070 Webpage notice.

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Stan,

Thanks for posting the schedule.  This will be my first POTA activation using PSK.  Hope to see you all on the waterfall tomorrow.  I will be calling CQ POTA and APE.  Everyone welcomed just need a signal report and QTH.  Not sure how propagation will be.  Hope for the best.

Bob
KK6KMU

stan W9SMR

Bob,

Fantastic! We'll be looking for you. Keep us posted as you can.

GL es 73,
Stan
W9SMR