Unofficial APE and POTA in Texas

John Hendry KG5OIB

I was too late (apparently) in my submission but I will be doing a POTA activation, WARC crawl and chimp chase from Fort Richardson SP in Jacksboro Texas (K-3011) this Saturday.   I plan to start around 1300 Zulu and run til around 1700 or 1800.    Digital will be top of the hour, and I will spot on the POTA page.

John

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Decatur, Wise County, Texas

LOC:  EM13eg

stan W9SMR

John,

What makes you think it's too late? Although APE Coordinator Dave, KB3RAN is TDY Maine wilderness, if your activation can meet the APE requirements, I think it should be considered Official. Worst case, you'll have a legitimate Chimp Chase Atta-Boy.

What bands will you be on? Sounds like you'll be rather broad-band if the WARC Crawl is on your agenda.

Please Spot on the 070 Reflector, also. All you'll need is 20 QSOs.

I will be with KC9UR's APE and we'll be looking for you.

Stan
W9SMR

Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 6:37 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Unofficial APE and POTA in Texas

I was too late (apparently) in my submission but I will be doing a POTA activation, WARC crawl and chimp chase from Fort Richardson SP in Jacksboro Texas (K-3011) this Saturday. I plan to start around 1300 Zulu and run til around 1700 or 1800. Digital will be top of the hour, and I will spot on the POTA page.

John

--

de KG5OIB

John Hendry

LOC: EM13eg

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

John,  It's all good.  Give the info on your activation to the group and we'll listen for you.  

Dave
KB3RAN
APE Manager

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

John Hendry KG5OIB

Late start, but I’m on now.  Starting 20 meters
--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry