Trying to wrap up PODX 070 366 endorsement


Geary McDowell
 

Looks like I only need the following to complete the 366 endorsement for a PSK contact each day of the year, and I got Leap Year day last year!  I will be mostly on 20 meters but might hit other bands if they are good for me here in southwest Oklahoma.  I am not an early riser but might have to try to be for seven days.  HI HI HI
June 24, 29 and 30
July 2, 11, 15, and 18
Thanks in advance if you see my call and respond.
73 Geary McDowell, AKA KE5IRK
Lawton-Fort Sill, Oklahoma in Comanche County of the USA
North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, and the Milky Way although I prefer a Snickers.


--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.


Bob Motyl KK6KMU
 

Geary,

I will be looking for you.  I still need over 60 days.  I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Bob
KK6KMU


 

Geary,

Start at 00:00 z.  Propagation on 20 is good up to about 02:00 z.  Use the CQ 365 or CQ 366 and any member seeing that will jump on you.

John
KC3FL


Geary McDowell
 

I had a nice and quick with a regular tonight, John KC3FL.  Thanks John for helping me X off one more date.  Only SIX to go now!

73 Geary KE5IRK

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 12:36 PM Geary McDowell via groups.io <ke5irk=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks like I only need the following to complete the 366 endorsement for a PSK contact each day of the year, and I got Leap Year day last year!  I will be mostly on 20 meters but might hit other bands if they are good for me here in southwest Oklahoma.  I am not an early riser but might have to try to be for seven days.  HI HI HI
June 24, 29 and 30
July 2, 11, 15, and 18
Thanks in advance if you see my call and respond.
73 Geary McDowell, AKA KE5IRK
Lawton-Fort Sill, Oklahoma in Comanche County of the USA
North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, and the Milky Way although I prefer a Snickers.


--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.



--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.


Geary McDowell
 

Thanks John, glad we made the contact.  After we finished I could see two other station on the waterfall and within two minutes my waterfall on 20 and 40 were blank!  That makes our's special, thanks again.
73 Geary, KE5IRKK

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 1:32 PM John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Geary,

Start at 00:00 z.  Propagation on 20 is good up to about 02:00 z.  Use the CQ 365 or CQ 366 and any member seeing that will jump on you.

John
KC3FL



--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.


Geary McDowell
 

Hey Bob, KK6KMU, thank you.  I am NOT a contester or award seeker.  I just have fun getting on the air when I can be based on conditions (the atmosphere and mine)  HI HI HI.  I'll look for you.  I am going to be on as much as possible to also help others needing a log contact or just the chat.  I started out just making contacts having fun, one day I submitted my log to the log checker and WOW, when did I do all those?  HI HI HI  Since I try to get on several times a week and daily if possible.  You and I have had a few QSOs in the past, but none this year!  We will resolve that.  Thanks for the help and keep having fun, I am.
73 Geary KE5IRK

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Geary,

I will be looking for you.  I still need over 60 days.  I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Bob
KK6KMU



--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.


Bob Motyl KK6KMU
 

Gerry,
Saw you tonight in a QSO with John.  I was in  a QSO myself.  When I finally got back to it you were gone.  Will see you again I'm sure

Bob
KK6KMU


DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381
 

Okay, guys.  I'm down to 3 days needed. And the 25th and 26th are 2 of them.  I'll be on the air tonight to get one of them (364) and tomorrow night for the 365.  August 23 is my 366 and I'll be operating from West Quoddy Head Lighthouse for International Lighthouse/Lightship Weekend if my plans work. That's going to be an APE, an ILLW  and a 366 operation and nearly my birthday.  Hope it all works.

Look for my CQ 366 call tonight and tomorrow.  I will be on the air Field Day weekend and will come out of FD mode to make a 366 contact for those needing one.

See you on the waterfall.

Dave
KB3RAN
2692/381
APE Event Mgr.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381


Geary McDowell
 

Great Dave!
I should be on air the first two and will look for you. 
73, Geary KE5IRK 

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 5:25 AM DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Okay, guys.  I'm down to 3 days needed. And the 25th and 26th are 2 of them.  I'll be on the air tonight to get one of them (364) and tomorrow night for the 365.  August 23 is my 366 and I'll be operating from West Quoddy Head Lighthouse for International Lighthouse/Lightship Weekend if my plans work. That's going to be an APE, an ILLW  and a 366 operation and nearly my birthday.  Hope it all works.

Look for my CQ 366 call tonight and tomorrow.  I will be on the air Field Day weekend and will come out of FD mode to make a 366 contact for those needing one.

See you on the waterfall.

Dave
KB3RAN
2692/381
APE Event Mgr.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.


Bob Motyl KK6KMU
 

Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU


alan thompson <n8fl1996@...>
 

If you need wv or 366 I’ll be in shack if Im in your  propagation path   De N8fl,  070 # 2219, just shoot me an email, by the way anyone ever seen results of 2021 TDW contest yet?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU


Jim K5SP
 

Alan, the results were held up due to missing a bonus station log.

We have decided to proceed and all who have the station in their log will get credit .

Give a couple days more to finalize and will be published.

Thanks to all for your patience. 

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM, alan thompson
<n8fl1996@...> wrote:
If you need wv or 366 I’ll be in shack if Im in your  propagation path   De N8fl,  070 # 2219, just shoot me an email, by the way anyone ever seen results of 2021 TDW contest yet?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


alan thompson <n8fl1996@...>
 

Ok Jim thanks for the update. I also have another question for you, I upload to awards page and it took
Me about 10 times trying to submit my
Grid awards to finally getting them submitted but they still haven’t been updated ? Just wondering if page has had a problem.


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:11 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Alan, the results were held up due to missing a bonus station log.

We have decided to proceed and all who have the station in their log will get credit .

Give a couple days more to finalize and will be published.

Thanks to all for your patience. 

Jim K5SP 


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM, alan thompson
<n8fl1996@...> wrote:
If you need wv or 366 I’ll be in shack if Im in your  propagation path   De N8fl,  070 # 2219, just shoot me an email, by the way anyone ever seen results of 2021 TDW contest yet?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381
 

Thanks to all for your help.  Got my 365 endorsement last night.  Sent in the log and see the endorsement has been awarded.  Now on to Field Day!  And an APE. And Lighthouse/Lightship Weekend and FireCracker 40 from who knows where.  I'm having fun.  See you on the air.  Oh, watch for me August 23rd for 366!

Dave
KB3RAN
1692/381
APE Event Mgr

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381


pa3eeg
 

Well done Dave. I'm trying to complete the first of my last three 366 day's tomorrow, June 27th. Will start after 12:00UTC when UKR digi dx has finished. Hope to meet some of you.

Ruud, pa3eeg #1670


Rick - N7WE
 

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:22 PM, alan thompson wrote:
I upload to awards page and it took
Me about 10 times trying to submit my
Grid awards to finally getting them submitted but they still haven’t been updated ? Just wondering if page has had a problem.
Alan-
I have had problems in the past with the new Grids not showing up after an upload.  I think it is just all part of the Progress Checker issues.  I did find a work-around sometimes that helped.

1. In the Progress Checker open your call sign's page. 
2. Then open your 070 Grids page from the red boxed Award Progress menu.

3.  When the page opens, and doesn't show your new credits, use your browser refresh to refresh the page.

Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't!  Good luck and I hope this helps.
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


alan thompson <n8fl1996@...>
 

I’ll try that Rick , thanks!!

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 7:30 AM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:22 PM, alan thompson wrote:
I upload to awards page and it took
Me about 10 times trying to submit my
Grid awards to finally getting them submitted but they still haven’t been updated ? Just wondering if page has had a problem.
Alan-
I have had problems in the past with the new Grids not showing up after an upload.  I think it is just all part of the Progress Checker issues.  I did find a work-around sometimes that helped.

1. In the Progress Checker open your call sign's page. 
2. Then open your 070 Grids page from the red boxed Award Progress menu.

3.  When the page opens, and doesn't show your new credits, use your browser refresh to refresh the page.

Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't!  Good luck and I hope this helps.
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Jim K5SP
 

Its not the page, it is the checker itself.  Over a year ago, Google changed their API, and our software no longer correctly connects to our data that is on google docs.  The club does not own the software, that is owned by the person that developed it, he no longer has any desire to maintain/debug/fix any of it, and will not give us the source code for us to fix.   There is a new endorsement checker in progress, but, it is a long arduous process being performed by a volunteer that has a full time job, and family obligations, which only allows a small amount of time for him to code/debug. 

We will eventually get there, but it will take time, and lots of patience for all.

73
Jim K5SP

On 6/25/2021 10:22 PM, alan thompson wrote:
Ok Jim thanks for the update. I also have another question for you, I upload to awards page and it took
Me about 10 times trying to submit my
Grid awards to finally getting them submitted but they still haven’t been updated ? Just wondering if page has had a problem.


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:11 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Alan, the results were held up due to missing a bonus station log.

We have decided to proceed and all who have the station in their log will get credit .

Give a couple days more to finalize and will be published.

Thanks to all for your patience. 

Jim K5SP 


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM, alan thompson
<n8fl1996@...> wrote:
If you need wv or 366 I’ll be in shack if Im in your  propagation path   De N8fl,  070 # 2219, just shoot me an email, by the way anyone ever seen results of 2021 TDW contest yet?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Jerry N9AVY
 

Very true.  I track the awards/endorsements by hand on a spreadsheet and make every it my business to get things correct.   The checker is having 'a nervous breakdown" in that it will often credit stations 2 or mores time during a month for same thing. I have printouts going back to 2020 when this became an issue. I have to go back as far as I can to find some awards which were already credited and suddenly pop up on checker again.

Also, if someone upgrades an LONP in June 2021; then all other LONP credits get the same date as well. This gets time consuming and frustrating, but it's the only way it can be done to ensure accuracy.  

Yes, I do make some mistakes occasionally, but I do try to correct them when possible. Just keep posting to checker and I'll keep trying to make the best of it.  BTW, the next "deadline" for me to send in data is June 30; so guess what I'll be doing during contest weekend...

Jerry  n9avy #454
Director, Awards & Endorsements


On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:34:12 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Its not the page, it is the checker itself.  Over a year ago, Google changed their API, and our software no longer correctly connects to our data that is on google docs.  The club does not own the software, that is owned by the person that developed it, he no longer has any desire to maintain/debug/fix any of it, and will not give us the source code for us to fix.   There is a new endorsement checker in progress, but, it is a long arduous process being performed by a volunteer that has a full time job, and family obligations, which only allows a small amount of time for him to code/debug. 

We will eventually get there, but it will take time, and lots of patience for all.

73
Jim K5SP

On 6/25/2021 10:22 PM, alan thompson wrote:
Ok Jim thanks for the update. I also have another question for you, I upload to awards page and it took
Me about 10 times trying to submit my
Grid awards to finally getting them submitted but they still haven’t been updated ? Just wondering if page has had a problem.


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:11 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Alan, the results were held up due to missing a bonus station log.

We have decided to proceed and all who have the station in their log will get credit .

Give a couple days more to finalize and will be published.

Thanks to all for your patience. 

Jim K5SP 


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM, alan thompson
<n8fl1996@...> wrote:
If you need wv or 366 I’ll be in shack if Im in your  propagation path   De N8fl,  070 # 2219, just shoot me an email, by the way anyone ever seen results of 2021 TDW contest yet?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Jim K5SP
 

Jerry that is not a deadline for you to submit.  That is the cutoff date for the next mailing.  It just means that and endorsements after 6/30 will not be in the next mailing.

Enjoy field day.  Also I will be out of town 7/2-7/6 and the earliest I will have a chance to start working on the mailing is 7/7. 

Jim

On 6/26/2021 10:47 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Very true.  I track the awards/endorsements by hand on a spreadsheet and make every it my business to get things correct.   The checker is having 'a nervous breakdown" in that it will often credit stations 2 or mores time during a month for same thing. I have printouts going back to 2020 when this became an issue. I have to go back as far as I can to find some awards which were already credited and suddenly pop up on checker again.

Also, if someone upgrades an LONP in June 2021; then all other LONP credits get the same date as well. This gets time consuming and frustrating, but it's the only way it can be done to ensure accuracy.  

Yes, I do make some mistakes occasionally, but I do try to correct them when possible. Just keep posting to checker and I'll keep trying to make the best of it.  BTW, the next "deadline" for me to send in data is June 30; so guess what I'll be doing during contest weekend...

Jerry  n9avy #454
Director, Awards & Endorsements


On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 10:34:12 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Its not the page, it is the checker itself.  Over a year ago, Google changed their API, and our software no longer correctly connects to our data that is on google docs.  The club does not own the software, that is owned by the person that developed it, he no longer has any desire to maintain/debug/fix any of it, and will not give us the source code for us to fix.   There is a new endorsement checker in progress, but, it is a long arduous process being performed by a volunteer that has a full time job, and family obligations, which only allows a small amount of time for him to code/debug. 

We will eventually get there, but it will take time, and lots of patience for all.

73
Jim K5SP

On 6/25/2021 10:22 PM, alan thompson wrote:
Ok Jim thanks for the update. I also have another question for you, I upload to awards page and it took
Me about 10 times trying to submit my
Grid awards to finally getting them submitted but they still haven’t been updated ? Just wondering if page has had a problem.


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:11 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Alan, the results were held up due to missing a bonus station log.

We have decided to proceed and all who have the station in their log will get credit .

Give a couple days more to finalize and will be published.

Thanks to all for your patience. 

Jim K5SP 


On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM, alan thompson
<n8fl1996@...> wrote:
If you need wv or 366 I’ll be in shack if Im in your  propagation path   De N8fl,  070 # 2219, just shoot me an email, by the way anyone ever seen results of 2021 TDW contest yet?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Dave,
I will be looking for you again this evening.  I need the 26th also.

Bob 
KK6KMU

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director