Triple Play 160m last night

Rick - N7WE

Was there anything happening on 160m last night?  I read  the chat from last night but didn't see much about 160.  I don't have a 160m antenna, but if there was some activity I might try to jury rig something up this afternoon.  Cool day here in Florida - a blessed relief!

I was on 160 for awhile after RTTY drove me off 80. Saw nothing, and called cq for quite awhile with no response.

Will try again tonight. Listen for me, I don't know if anyone can hear me at all.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 9:45 AM, Rick - N7WE
<n7we1980@...> wrote:
Was there anything happening on 160m last night?  I read  the chat from last night but didn't see much about 160.  I don't have a 160m antenna, but if there was some activity I might try to jury rig something up this afternoon.  Cool day here in Florida - a blessed relief!

Jim,  K5SP #483

One Q for 160m.
KO4EJD, Darin, AZ, and I inconvenienced several billion electrons through the ether waves to make a contact, then, nothing but white noise.
The crowbar circuitry in my radio is still mad at me over that.
My operating time was limited so after seeing nothing...nada...zilch on 40m, I started on 80m. It was only slightly better there.
So, it's got no place to go other than to up!
SFI is 83. Geesch!
Milt.
N6MG

I was on 160 for awhile after RTTY drove me off 80. Saw nothing, and called cq for quite awhile with no response.

Will try again tonight. Listen for me, I don't know if anyone can hear me at all.

Jim K5SP

<n7we1980@...> wrote:
Was there anything happening on 160m last night?  I read  the chat from last night but didn't see much about 160.  I don't have a 160m antenna, but if there was some activity I might try to jury rig something up this afternoon.  Cool day here in Florida - a blessed relief!

Jim,  K5SP #483

N9JCA Chris

I forgot about last night
but will be on tonight
Sked: 40 0000 - 0200 80 0200 - 0400 1600 0400 - 0600
Chris N9JCA
73

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature&af_web_dp=https://more.att.com/currently/imap>
<n7we1980@gmail.com> wrote:
Was there anything happening on 160m last night?  I read  the chat
from last night but didn't see much about 160.  I don't have a 160m
antenna, but if there was some activity I might try to jury rig
something up this afternoon.  Cool day here in Florida - a blessed
relief!
Jim,  K5SP #483

No joy for getting on 160m for tonight.  After several foiled attempts to shoot a line over a live oak tree, I give up.  The plan was to try a stub wire off the top of the 80m resonator on the Hustler 6BTV in hopes that some top hat type capacitance would get it to something that would tune.  I've seen where others made that work...although not great.  Oh well, as Yoda said:  "Do or not do.  There is no try."  I did not do.

there isn't a kid in the neighborhood with a drone?
Milt.
N6MG