The Joy of Chasing 070 Grids

Rick - N7WE

So I'm watching PSK31 on PSK Reporter and there's one!  In far western South Dakota.  Definitely a rare one!  So I click on him - DN84!  I look at my chart and...DRAT!...already got that one.  I need DN85.  Seems they are always just one grid away.

Are you working on the 070 Grids Endorsement or are you missing out on all this fun?

Collecting grids is a lot of fun and also gives one another reason for being active on the air. It's a goal-oriented activity which gives satisfaction.

BTW, don't need DN84, but like you Rick I need DN85. Was hoping to activate some grids this summer, but health situation appears it will not be allowed...drat !

Have been trying to record grids , LONPs and everything else as it comes along.  Was most active from 2006 to 2018, but propagation and many deserting PSK31 for "greener pastures" sort of put an end to that. Hopefully, the sunspots returning will increase activity.

Jerry   n9avy

On Monday, February 8, 2021, 03:29:25 PM CST, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

So I'm watching PSK31 on PSK Reporter and there's one!  In far western South Dakota.  Definitely a rare one!  So I click on him - DN84!  I look at my chart and...DRAT!...already got that one.  I need DN85.  Seems they are always just one grid away.

Are you working on the 070 Grids Endorsement or are you missing out on all this fun?

malcolm heard

Is there a list of most wanted rare grids.  In Nebraska and at one time en01 and 02 were tough to get.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 3:53 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
[...]

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Rick - N7WE

Malcolm -
There is a whole bunch of info in the Files Section in the 070 Grid Chase folder.  The data was last updated in July of 2020, but I don't think with the pandemic and limited travel there has been much change.

On the Grid-pediton front, I know Dick KC3EF and Kathy, his trusty pilot (she drives while he works PSK31/M - How's that for a fine XYL?), are planning an adventure for sometime this Spring.  I think it will be a southern swing.  Dick will be sure to post here as plans firm up.

Lee - N5SLY

I've added a file created in 2007 which lists the rarest grid squares in the country.  Enjoy.

73

Lee N5SLY

Jerry N9AVY

The grids you don't have ae all rare , hi, hi !

Jerry

On Monday, February 8, 2021, 04:21:34 PM CST, Lee - N5SLY <n5sly@...> wrote:

I've added a file created in 2007 which lists the rarest grid squares in the country.  Enjoy.

73

Lee N5SLY

Attachments: