TF/KJ7MEB Portable DX

2774 KJ7MEB

Hello fellow PSK enthusiasts. I will be visiting Iceland 6-16 Nov as TF/KJ7MEB. I'm very much looking forward to spending time in the amazing country of Iceland.
First and foremost it's an aurora hunting trip and if the lights are great, the bands are not likely to be. However when have I ever gone anywhere without my KX2?
I hope to activate Iceland Parks on the Air (POTA).

I would appreciate if you look for me on HamAlert and/or my spots on pota.app (tiny URL, not a mobile App) so we might make a QSO.
I can operate 10-40 SSB, PSK, CW and RTTY with my KX-2.  I will also take my Elecraft AX1 which covers 17 and 20m.
I hope to decode your PSK vapor trails and that you can hear mine. :-)
Thanks!
- TF/KJ7MEB, Elisabeth

Eric KG6MZS

Wow, Elisabeth!  What an adventure!

As you most likely know, At 65º north latitude you will be very close to that magic zone where the aurora come in directly overhead and can form the so-called "kaleidoscope effect."  I was in the Brooks Range of Alaska in 1987 and witnessed one of the most profound displays and it is one of the highlights of my life.  Here's to you being as fortunate or more so.

I'll be looking for you!  Thanks for the heads up!

73 Eric KG6MZS

www.kg6mzs.com

On 11/4/22 1:13 PM, 2774 KJ7MEB wrote:

Hello fellow PSK enthusiasts. I will be visiting Iceland 6-16 Nov as TF/KJ7MEB. I'm very much looking forward to spending time in the amazing country of Iceland.
First and foremost it's an aurora hunting trip and if the lights are great, the bands are not likely to be. However when have I ever gone anywhere without my KX2?
I hope to activate Iceland Parks on the Air (POTA).

I would appreciate if you look for me on HamAlert and/or my spots on pota.app (tiny URL, not a mobile App) so we might make a QSO.
I can operate 10-40 SSB, PSK, CW and RTTY with my KX-2.  I will also take my Elecraft AX1 which covers 17 and 20m.
I hope to decode your PSK vapor trails and that you can hear mine. :-)
Thanks!
- TF/KJ7MEB, Elisabeth

Paula K7PAX #1739

I will be looking for you from Arizona with my new hexbeam! Good luck on your Aurora hunting too!

Paula K7PAX

--
Paula K7PAX #1739