TDW Bonus Stations

Jim K5SP

The TDW contest is next month, and it is time for us to put out a call for volunteers to be Bonus Stations this year.

The Top Dawg of last years contest, KD6TR, is scheduled to be a bonus station.  We would like to have at least one volunteer from each call area for this one.

Being a bonus station does not preclude you from being in the contest, the bonus stations are competing against each other, and you will find you are very popular among other stations attempting to score the bonus points.

All we ask is that you plan on operating for several hours every day of the contest, and make our members happy.

If you would like to be considered for a bonus station position, just provide your information (times, bands, etc., that you plan to operate) to K5SP as soon as possible.  We would like to have our Bonus stations identified on the web page as soon as we can.

Jim,  K5SP #483

Leland Sly

Hi Jim,

Count me in as a Bonus Station if you wish.  I did it last year and it was a lot of fun.  I'll be working the contest all 3 days on all the bands from 6 - 80 meters.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:58 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

Add me as a bonus station.  'll be mostly on 20/40m, but if other bands are open I'll be there, too.

Jerry  N9AVY

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 02:58:45 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim,
I'd like to throw my name in the hat, volunteering myself & my station to be a Bonus Station for the 2021 T.D.W.
I'll be BPSK 31 QRO, (35 watts, +/-), for the entire 72 hours, on all bands.
I've re-co-ax'd my antenna's, faced the shiny side of all aluminum elements to the North, East and South & West.
I think it's important for a Bonus Station to be on all bands with as much "butt in chair" as he/she can possibly do.
I've been a Bonus Station before, and if chosen this year, I'll give it a 110% effort, again, on all bands.
I just received a shipment of Café du Monde coffee & chickory from Amazon and I'm ready!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

[...]

Got you already Milt.

Jim

On May 11, 2021 4:18 PM, "N6MG - Milt. via groups.io" <n6mg@...> wrote:

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Although  I have a commitment during the day on Saturday, I'll be on the air during this event and can be a bonus station in Area 3 if you have no one else.  I will be on later Sat afternoon and evening.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Jim,

Like Lee said, did it last year and it was a blast.  Will work all three days and can do 160 to 6.  I'll give it another shot.

John
KC3FL

gillette789@...

Howdy Jim,

I am available for at least 6 hours each day on all bands.

David  KE5PYF # 1081