Tarheel Model 75A

Anyone have a Tarheel Model 75A?
I've got a few questions about lengthening the whip, and the results.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #75

Jerry N9AVY

Wish I would have bought a Tarheel, but I bought a High Sierra and they went out of business .

My High Sierra was damaged by a driver who could not judge distance and now it's junk.

Hope you get an answer to your question.

Jerry  n9avy #454

On Saturday, July 17, 2021, 04:57:14 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Anyone have a Tarheel Model 75A?
I've got a few questions about lengthening the whip, and the results.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #75

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I've got a Little Tarheel II, and I've been using a very long assembly of Buddipole parts totallying some 15 feet or so (obviously not while moving).  It makes a big difference in how effective the antenna is.  My goal has been to have the longest whip I can put up for whatever band I'm working and then tune it up with the coil.

-p W7PFB
73, Don't forget to smile and have fun!

Hi Paul...
Are you using a remote tuner like the "TuneMatic", or "TuneMatic Lite"?
I ask, because years ago, I did an APE with a 102" st. stl. whip, and alligator clipped a 30-40' piece of wire to the corona ball and was tuning it with an Icom AH4 auto tuner.
Worked great.
Now I've got the Tarheel 75A, that covers 10m to 80m and I'm using a TuneMatic Lite controller.
I'm just curious as to whether I could do the random wire thing again.
I'm going to hook it up and give it a try.
Thanks,
Milt.
N6MG
070-650