73,
Stan
W9SMR
EL87sf

From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of Jim K5SP <jinnis@...>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 7:37 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Valentine Sprint – Tomorrow !!

Yes Zulu time.

On Feb 12, 2021 6:02 PM, Darin - KO4EJD <darin.crowley@...> wrote:
So not Zulu time. Regular calendar time based on an operator's qth?

Darin
KO4EJD.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021, 5:20 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...<mailto:robinstan@...>> wrote:

The Ø7Ø Club Valentine Sprint is tomorrow –

0000Z-2359Z 14 February 2021

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block of your choice. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Scoring page and continue for the next 6 hours

Work each station once per band. (Same station, same band is a dupe!)

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 40M, 80M, 160M, PSK-31 Only

For Rules and details, Click Here: Valentine Spring Rules<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.podxs070.com%2F2-uncategorised%2F42-vs&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6b586bc2256e43f6bd6a08d8cfb81767%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637487736853544882%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Vrma%2FAPaIoWixVStbXVtv7P9KIsG4Y7e4%2Frfj0EZcqY%3D&reserved=0>

2 Entry Categories:

Male:     OM

Female: YL

4 Power Categories:

QRP < 5 W
Low < 25 W
Medium < 50 W
High < 100 W (See Rules)

Exchange: Callsign,  Name,  OM or YL and  State/Province/Country (SPC)

Example: “K7PAX  Paula  YL  WA”

Call: “CQ 070 Valentine Sprint”

All entry logs must be received within 1 week after the event ends.

Please submit logs via the Valentines Sprint Uploader<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.podxs070.com%2Fuploader-closed&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6b586bc2256e43f6bd6a08d8cfb81767%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637487736853544882%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=z9YGYDYDrN5CYaC3ZFxRdOk0EYasYNd4gcctTIToess%3D&reserved=0>. (will be activated when contest starts).

With 3 bands to choose from, you can optimize your luck with propagation. It is helpful to post your intentions to QSY on the Reflector. Also, be sure to use PSKReporter and to Spot calls seen.

If you do not yet have the TOP BAND (work 20 on 160M) or the 88 Tri-Band (3 YL on 3 Bands) Endorsements, this Contest gives you an excellent chance to grab both.

[cid:attach_0_16632362AA10D6B1_6009@groups.io]

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Same up here Stan.  First one came through here last evening with lightning, thunder, and heavy rain...two more so far this morning.  My antenna is disconnected so no Valentine Sprint for me this year!  Maybe next year.  OT - it is also Daytona 500 weekend.  So that explains T-storms in central Florida!

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

We're expecting an ice storm here in southern Maryland.  Antenna looks good so far.  Brushed the snow off the solar panel but it has a light coat of ice on it.  Hope I don't have to go to mains power.  And I hope mains power stays on.  Generator in the campervan is working.  Looking forward to the Sprint.

Dave
KB3RAN

Same up here Stan.  First one came through here last evening with lightning, thunder, and heavy rain...two more so far this morning.  My antenna is disconnected so no Valentine Sprint for me this year!  Maybe next year.  OT - it is also Daytona 500 weekend.  So that explains T-storms in central Florida!

Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

David, K9DWR

Things are a lot whiter up this way. More fresh powder dropped last night.
This is when I'm glad the antenna is in the attic instead of outside. The
performance isn't as good, but the operation is more consistent. :-)

--
David, K9DWR

Same up here Stan.  First one came through here last evening with lightning,
thunder, and heavy rain...two more so far this morning.  My antenna is
disconnected so no Valentine Sprint for me this year!  Maybe next year.  OT -
it is also Daytona 500 weekend.  So that explains T-storms in central
Florida!

stan W9SMR

Can you actually work 160m from the attic? Must be a VEERY big attic!

Other than the low band 070 contests when I use the jury-rig Inv L, here in FL I rely on attic dipoles 40m and up.

See you in the Sprint!
73,
Stan
W9SMR

* stan W9SMR <robinstan@hotmail.com> [2021-02-13 17:34]:
Can you actually work 160m from the attic? Must be a VEERY big attic!

Other than the low band 070 contests when I use the jury-rig Inv L, here in
FL I rely on attic dipoles 40m and up.
Nope, never worked 160m; but I have very consistently never worked it ;-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Bill-N7RI

Looks like a good day for a contest here.  Forecast for -19 tomorrow morning with 4-6" of snow.  Other than spending some time with my Valentine, should be able to get on for the sprint.  Unless my antenna freezes.
Bill
N7RI
1191

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 9:28 AM DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
We're expecting an ice storm here in southern Maryland.  Antenna looks good so far.  Brushed the snow off the solar panel but it has a light coat of ice on it.  Hope I don't have to go to mains power.  And I hope mains power stays on.  Generator in the campervan is working.  Looking forward to the Sprint.

Dave
KB3RAN

Same up here Stan.  First one came through here last evening with lightning, thunder, and heavy rain...two more so far this morning.  My antenna is disconnected so no Valentine Sprint for me this year!  Maybe next year.  OT - it is also Daytona 500 weekend.  So that explains T-storms in central Florida!

Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

It's a lot of white noise! Intermittently and consistently.
Milt.
N6MG

#1604 LONP #255
david@...