St. Patrick’s Day Contest 2021 Results

stan W9SMR

Erin Go Bragh !!

St. Patrick’s Day Contest 2021 results are in. A very BIG THANK YOU to David, K9DWR, for again creating the upload link and parsing the results.

This was a 24 hour long contest on all bands 160M to 6M, so we had full flexibility to choose the operating times and frequencies to maximize our results.

Our TOP DAWG and 1st Place Medium Power winner was consistent high-roller Lee, N5SLY who again humbled the competitionLee had 127 QSOs, 5 Countries and 33 States along with the Erin Go Bragh bonus.

In 2nd Place Medium Power was Jerry, N9AVY. Jerry also earned the Erin Go Bragh bonus. In 3rd Place was Robert, KF3AA.

In 1st Place, High Power, was Darin, KO4EJD with 90 QSOs, 4 Countries and 28 States. He also earned the Erin Go Bragh bonus.

In 2nd Place, High Power was Steve, VA3TPS and in 3rd Place was Bob, KK6KMU.

Low Power 1st Place was Jim, K5SP, our illustrious Executive Director, with 82 QSOs. This in spite of not earning any Erin Go Bragh bonus points.

In 2nd Place, Low Power was Milt, N6MG closely followed by Steve, W3HF in 3rd Place.

The sole entrant and 1st Place in QRP Power was non-member Sameer, KI5EIF, of Austin TX. Congratulations and welcome to our contest. We hope to see your application to join us soon.

Winners in each Category are summarized in the table below.

With 62 logs submitted (up from 47 last year) we had great participation, with 2,205 uploaded QSOs. There were 11 High Power, 33 Medium Power, 17 Low Power and one QRP Power logs submitted.

This year, only Milt, N6MG was able to pull in Suke, JM7OLW on 20M. A summary of QSOs by band is shown below.

We were honored to have 5 non-members join us. In addition to our QRP winner Sameer, KI5EIF of Austin, TX, we were joined by Jason, K3JSJ of Bowie, MD; Steve, NR3I of Wilmington, DE; Michael, KC7MAW of Port Orchard, WA; Richard, N4FA of Cape Coral, FL and MatthewWA0V  of Augusta, KS. Thank you all for participating. We hope to see you join us soon as members.

Sorry, can’t resist bragging that W9SMR somehow lucked into the Erin Go Bragh bonus also. With minutes left in the contest, in walked John, W3BUG #2540 completing my reward. Thank you, John!

Full results will be uploaded to the 070 Club and 070 Club Contest Reflectors. See Groups.io for info on viewing: 070-email-reflectors

Our next challenge is the 31 Flavors Contest, starting Saturday, April 3rd. This is your rare chance to conquer 5 other PSK modes with ample opportunity to compare the sensitivity and speed of these robust digital modes. For details, see 31-Flavors Rules

73,

 Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Jerry N9AVY

Wow !!!  Surprised the heck out of me !  Figured I'd be low man on totem pole as usual.   Thanks to all who made this possible !

Jerry  N9AVY

On Friday, April 2, 2021, 02:32:28 PM CDT, stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:

[...]

Barry VA7GEM

Another one I forgot to submit my results.
AARGH
Barry

Oh Barry!
Have you been introduced to "Alexa" yet?

With 2879 souls on our Membership Roll, including S/K's, etc., I'll bet you're going to get a lot of reminders for the 31 Flavors log!

Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
Ad Hoc, Unofficial Log Submittal Volunteer

Another one I forgot to submit my results.
AARGH
Barry
Milt
Is He/She a new member?
G'morn
Barry

G'morn bk at ya, and to everybody else.
Anybody making contacts?

Another one I forgot to submit my results.
AARGH
Barry
Milt
Is He/She a new member?
G'morn
Barry

Tom

I’ll be starting at 9 AM Eastern.  However, the waterfall looks pretty bleak, right now. G0OUN is the only one deoding well.

Tom – KM4LPW

Another one I forgot to submit my results.
AARGH
Barry

Milt
Is He/She a new member?
G'morn
Barry

Stephen Melachrinos

Barry -

The full scoring list shows you with an entry: 4 QSOs, 2 DXCC, 4 State/Provinces, for a total score of 24. Is that a ghost?

Another one I forgot to submit my results.
AARGH
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

1 Contact with OK1 station -  aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh !

jerry  n9avy

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 05:17 AM, Stephen Melachrinos wrote:
Barry -

The full scoring list shows you with an entry: 4 QSOs, 2 DXCC, 4 State/Provinces, for a total score of 24. Is that a ghost?

That sounds right so I guess I forgot that I didn't forget.
TVM for straightening that out.
Better things to come as I progress thru the aging process.
Cheers all & GL with test today
Barry