Topics

Special event HRD help

Bill-N7RI

Good evening
I plan on operating with a special event call sign beginning this weekend.  Is there anyone in the group using Ham Radio Deluxe that can help set up HRD to use that call sign for the event with out erasing everything I already have?
73
Bill
N7RI
107-1190

John Fickler

Hello Bill,
    I have been using HRD for some time now and I regularly add new locations when operating from camping sites etc. Go to Program Options, Callsign (My Info), Edit My Station Directly, Add Location.  Here is where you add the new operating location and the new operator callsign for the Special Event. After entering the data you may have to shut down the HRD and restart in order for it to show up in the location list.

Regards,
John
W8VYM

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:49 PM Bill-N7RI <N7RI.WY@...> wrote:
Good evening
I plan on operating with a special event call sign beginning this weekend.  Is there anyone in the group using Ham Radio Deluxe that can help set up HRD to use that call sign for the event with out erasing everything I already have?
73
Bill
N7RI
107-1190

Bill-N7RI

Hi John
Thank you.  That part worked but now I have some other problems maybe you can help me.  First, I set it up as you described, connected to my SE log and now I can't get back to my regular log.  Any ideas on that?  Second, after I set up my new location/call, my macros still use my original call even though I have them set up as <my call>.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Bill
N7RI

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:24 AM John Fickler <w8vym.jmf@...> wrote:
[...]

I’m away from the shack but will take a look when I return.

John
W8VYM

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 12:06 PM Bill-N7RI <N7RI.WY@...> wrote:
[...]

Hello Bill, I'm back home now and am looking at HRD. Yes you are correct, the callsign does not change in the Macros.  In order to update the callsign in the Macros: GoTo Digital Master 780, select QSO from the menu along the top, then select TAGS from the dropdown menu. Enter the desired callsign in the TAGS menu and your macros should reflect the change.

Hope this helps,
[...]

Thanks John.