Topics

Solar Cycle 25

Postscript: I got a burst of energy yesterday, and changed the feedline to my digitalĀ  HF antenna...
(that's the vertical that radiates equally poor in all directions)
I don't know what I actually expected, BUT, it didn't improve the sun spot count. "Ol' Sol" has his/her own plans, I guess.

I recall, back in the day, it used to be fun and enjoyable doing maintenance projects,
But now, I just view it as a constant battle to weed out weak components..

Everybody, PLEASE STAY SAFE, PLEASE STAY HOME, and hope that we're not living the new normal.

Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
W6QP -Trustee
070-1454
LONP #207

Bo W4GHV

I'm 80 and trying my best to hang on until the expected peak in July 2025.
Bet you 5 bucks it won't beat my first, the BIG one in the 50's.
Bo W4GHV since '54

K7DWI Art

It still is wishful thinking.
As far as I am concerned if you look at the community messages, if you look down the list to the chart of the Solar Polar Fields:
http://www.solen.info/solar/polarfields/polar.html
It shows what happened and what to expect.
In 2011, Jim Kennedy K6MIO explained that the Sun's Magnetic Poles were out of sync and there was less magnitude between them. Right one prediction!! The end result was an anemic Solar Cycle.
It has improved approaching the new Cycle, but only a slight improvement.
It will be better in a few years, but I won't be building a big 6 Meter station and probably won't see F2 there in my remaining life .... damn it.
73 Art K7DWI

Jerry N9AVY

It's always nice to read positive predictions about solar cycle, but it's like buying a lottery ticket , it's nice to dream until the ticket loses.

Jerry