From: stan W9SMR <robinstan@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Feb 23, 2021 12:59 pm
Subject: [070Club] 2021 Valentine Sprint - RESULTS

2021 Valentine Sprint results are in. A very BIG THANK YOU to David, K9DWR, for creating the upload link and parsing the results.

Conditions were challenging with RTTY contest QRM and lots of QSB and QRN. Despite that, we had 36 logs submitted, up from last year’s 32 logs. There were 9 High Power, 18 Medium Power, 8 Low Power and 1 QRP logs submitted.

We were honored to have 3 YLs participate. Special thanks to YL's Mary, KC4TIE, #919 (32 QSOs); Leslie, WA4EEZ, #359, (9 QSOs); and Sherri, WB4OSU, #2601, (8 QSOs). Several lucky OM's got 4 YL points thanks to your participation. Thank you all for joining in.

Top Dawg and 1st in High Power was Darin, KO4EJD of Crestview, FL, with a record making 1050 points. Darin finished in 2nd place in the January PSKFest. He’s hot on the trail of the 2021 RC3 Championship.

High Power - Second Place was John, KC3FL, of Inverness FL with 874 points. John was the RC3 Champ in 2020. Third Place was Steve, VA3TPS of Fenelon Falls, ON with 765 points. Steve was Top Dawg in the 2021 PSKFest.

Medium Power - First place was Lee, N5SLY with 836 points. Lee is always a top competitor.  He was RC3 Champ in 2019, runner-up in 2020.

Medium Power - Second Place was Stan, W9SMR of Sarasota, FL with 738 points. Third Place went to YL Mary, KC4TIE of Benton, KY with 592 points.

Low Power – First Place was Keith, N9VEL of Temple, GA, with 364 points.

Low Power – Second Place was Jim, K5SP, of Gainesville, TX, with 264 points. Good that Jim found a few minutes away from his PODXS Executive Director post to enjoy the waterfall.  Third Place, was John, KG5OIB of Decatur, TX with 253 points.

QRP category, 1st Place went to frequent top finisher Peter, NN9K with 405 points. Peter finished first in QRP in the last year’s Valentine Sprint, St. Patrick’s, Firecracker, Jay Hudak 80M and PSKFest. I don’t know how one can do that under today’s challenging conditions.

The new “All Amateurs Welcome” policy continues to enhance our overall experience.   We had only one non-member submitting a log.  A note of appreciation to non-member AG7CC, Cliff, of Clarkston, WA who participated and uploaded his log. We have seen him in prior PODXS-070 Contests and we look forward to welcoming him as a member soon.

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Thanks to all who submitted logs. Stickers will be in the next mailing.  We are deeply indebted to David, K9DWR who scored this contest and provided the rapid log upload response. Complete results will be uploaded to the Groups.io 070 Reflector websites.

It is time to start thinking about participating in the St. Patrick’s Day Contest.

20 March 2021 -  0000 UTC – 2359 UTC

This contest includes all bands 160M to 6M (no WARC). Spell "Erin Go Bragh" for bonus points. Check the website for details:   St. Patrick's Day RULES

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director