Results – 40M Firecracker Sprint - 2021

stan W9SMR

We had a modest turnout for the 40M Firecracker Sprint 2021 with 59 logs submitted. Of these, 7 were at the time non-members.

There were 13 logs in the High Power 100W Category. Top Dawg and in 1st place was Lee, N5SLY with 59 QSOs and 1,888 total points. In 2nd place was Steve, VA3TPS with 62 QSOs and 1,860 points. In 3rd place was John, KC3FL with 54 QSOs and 1,512 points.

In the Medium Power 50W Category with 27 logs uploaded, 1st place went to Buz, WA5AMM with 62 QSOs and 1,736 points. Buz continues to make quite an impression since he joined in March. In 2nd place was Bob, KF3AA with 51 QSOs and 1,530 points. In 3rd place was non-member Allan, KV4T of Cottondale, AL. with 45 QSOs and 1,215 points. Check out his Antenna Farm and impressive POTA activations on QRZ.COM. We hope Allan will join us soon.

In the Low Power 25W Category, with 14 logs submitted, 1st place went non-member Phil, KW2P of Clarksburg, WV with 23 QSOs and 483 points. We do hope Phil will join us soon. In 2nd place was new member Shawn, KI5GX with 24 QSOs and 408 points. In 3rd place this year was Sebastien, VA2SIB with 23 QSOs and 368 points.

The QRP 5W Category had 5 entries. In 1st place was Peter, NN9K with an impressive 42 QSOs and 1,050 points. In 2nd place this was Steve, VA3FLF with 21 QSOs and 357 points. In 3rd place was new member Steve, WB3LGC with 18 QSOs and 288 points.

In addition to the winning non-members KV4T (3rd place Medium Power) and KW2P (1st place Low Power) we were pleased to see logs submitted by KF4KWO, AG7CC, W6IA, AF1R and KG6MWI. Thank you all and please check out joining our friendly group.

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Full results for the 40M Firecracker Sprint 2021 are shown below:

RESULTS - 40M FIRECRACKER SPRINT - 2021

* Denotes Non-Member during Contest

CALL

070#

Qs

DXCC

SPC

TOTAL

NOTES

HIGH POWER 100W

N5SLY

TOP DAWG - 1st Place High Power

VA3TPS

2nd Place - High Power

KC3FL

3rd Place High Power

AB8YZ

KO4EJD

ND2K

KK6KMU

KC4OBB

VA7GEM

KC3EF

KF8MZ

NO8R

K4VBM

MEDIUM POWER 50W

WA5AMM

1st Place - Medium Power

KF3AA

2nd Place - Medium Power

KV4T

*

3rd Place - Medium Power

KR4U

KG5OIB

N8EUI

KC4TIE

N3XL

KF5KWO

*

N0NM

W3WMU

K3JT

N9AVY

W4KRN

AG7CC

*

KD6TR

W6IA

*

KK4HEG

KJ7MEB

NU4N

AF1R

*

K5WW

W4BZM

K3JSJ

KG5SSB

N7WE

WB4JJJ

LOW POWER 25W

KW2P

*

1st Place - Low Power

KI5GX

2nd Place - Low Power

VA2SIB

3rd Place - Low Power

N9VEL

VE3XDB

WA8UMT

N6MG

N6TE

K4KGM

KN4ZXG

KA5VZG

K9DWR

W7RTL

K7DWI

QRP 5 W

NN9K

1st Place - QRP 5W

VA3FLF

2nd Place - QRP 5W

WB3LGC

3rd Place - QRP 5W

KM6CPFF

KG6MWI

*

Results from David, K9DWR 8/2/21

A very BIG THANK YOU to David, K9DWR for your awesome efforts to again create the upload link and parse the results.

Check out our ongoing August PSK Expedition (APE) activations at Planned APEs 2021

And join us for Endorsement Daze #5 – CHIMP CHASE and WARC-CRAWL August 21, 22  Download: Endorsement_Daze-5.doc

Our next Contest is the JAY HUDAK MEMORIAL 80M SPRINT on September 4. See: Jay Hudak 80m Sprint

Hope to see you on the air!

73,

 Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611