Topics

Remote coax switch

Jerry N9AVY

Spent a good portion of day troubleshooting the Ameritron remote coax switch. Everything checked out okay from controller out to the remote switch.  Checked out relays and they were all fine once I figured there was a temporary short which caused 2 relays to operate at same time.  Was putting it back together when relay board fell off desk and slightly damaged relay #3; it's a bit wobbly, but I've always had a spare relay position... lucked out on that one !

So switch will go back in place on Monday and hope it all works okay.  At my tender age, I'm starting to be less fond of troubleshooting.  Emoji

BTW, the remote switch beats running out in cold, snow and rain to switch antennas.

Jerry  n9avy