Topics

RC3 Standings

Stephen Melachrinos

As the scorer of the RC3 championship, I have a request to make to a small subset of our members.

First of all, if you are unfamiliar with the Rollo Cup Contest Championship (RC3), it's the year-long challenge to determine who did "best" in the year's ten 070 club contests. Rules and standings for this year are on the web site.

If all of your contest entries used an identical callsign, you are off the hook. You don't have to read the rest of this. Feel free to scroll to the next email. But if you operated in our contests during this year and didn't use the same callsign for all contests, please read the following and determine whether my request applies to you.

There are a number of reasons why you might have operated under different callsigns, including:

1. You received a new callsign during the year, assigned to you by your licensing authority (e.g., FCC).
2. You operated one or more contests using a portable identifier, e.g. W3HF/KH2.
3. You operated one or more contests using a secondary or alternate callsign that is assigned to you personally (like my VQ9HF call), and that callsign is NOT assigned a separate 070 club number.
4. You operated from another station (like a friend's station or a club station) using that friend's or club's callsign.

If any of reasons 1 through 3 apply to you, please check the RC3 leaderboard and make sure I've consolidated your entries. I think I've consolidated entries for each of those reasons, but I might have missed you (especially for a callsign change).

If reason #4 applies, then the club's callsign policy applies, specifically Q5 and Q7. These state that you need to be the control operator of a station that is assigned to you personally for QSOs to accrue to your 070 awards.

If there's another reason that I didn't think of, tell me about it and we'll evaluate the situation.

So the request is that if you see that the leaderboard does NOT show the proper consolidation of your entries, let me know. And furthermore, if you are going to be operating in the Doubleheader this weekend under one of these cases, let me know in advance so I can make sure I score it properly from the start (instead of having to make corrections.

Thanks.

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

 Steve.

Not sure how I missed this. I operated KM4FLF/VE3 from 2016 to May 2017 until I got Canada ticket. Every time I upload for awards I always just merge that old adif into the new one since it was same QTH. I found that easier than all of us tracking two calls.

Steve
VA3FLF
2301

Stephen Melachrinos

Steve -

I'm pretty sure we've identified both callsigns as belonging to you. I was really posting that about RC3, and that's an annual thing. During this year, we've had two callsign changes we know about, but I was afraid there might be more.

If you've been uploading under one callsign, then all your awards are intact.

Thanks for checking.