From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of Martin Tuip <ajax@sharepointserver.com>
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 8:46 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] QRT for a bit

Elk came through my property and one panicked and got stuck in the feedline going up to my dipole. It tore the dipole apart .. one side is stuck up 50 ft in a tree that maybe someone in a few hundred years will find ... I also think the feedline (100ft of LMR400) broke. Got a quick hamstick up but I will be out for a bit :(

Martin
KG7HAX

Martin Tuip

The thing has been up like this for a few years but today it was one elk too much. Wifey says it gives me a project though. I will relocate my antenna switch up on the hill side and likely build a few different setups.

Martin

And we thought Jerry had a nasty situation.

Good luck.

73,
Stan
W9SMR

Elk came through my property and one panicked and got stuck in the feedline going up to my dipole.  It tore the dipole apart .. one side is stuck up 50 ft in a tree that maybe someone in a few hundred years will find ... I also think the feedline (100ft of LMR400) broke. Got a quick hamstick up but I will be out for a bit :(

Martin
KG7HAX

Jerry N9AVY

Will Elk be on the menu ???  Emoji

Jerry  n9avy

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 09:54:06 PM CST, Martin Tuip <ajax@...> wrote:

The thing has been up like this for a few years but today it was one elk too much. Wifey says it gives me a project though. I will relocate my antenna switch up on the hill side and likely build a few different setups.

Martin

Elk came through my property and one panicked and got stuck in the feedline going up to my dipole.  It tore the dipole apart .. one side is stuck up 50 ft in a tree that maybe someone in a few hundred years will find ... I also think the feedline (100ft of LMR400) broke. Got a quick hamstick up but I will be out for a bit :(

Martin
KG7HAX

Martin Tuip

They are fair game on my property.