PODXS LONP greater than 2786

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

All,

I created a dot csv file with call sign, PODXS member number and membership date for members greater than 2786.  I use this to track my LONP greater than 2786.  I can upload it if anyone is interested.

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

Leland Sly

I would like it.

Thanks.

Lee N5SLY

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 6:56 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
All,

I created a dot csv file with call sign, PODXS member number and membership date for members greater than 2786.  I use this to track my LONP greater than 2786.  I can upload it if anyone is interested.

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

N9JCA Chris

Please upload it to the 070 files   If it’s not to much trouble please update as needed TY
Chris N9JCA 

On Aug 26, 2021, at 7:12 PM, Leland Sly <lee.n5sly@...> wrote:

I would like it.

Thanks.

Lee N5SLY

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 6:56 PM Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
All,

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

JoAnn Donaldson

I would like a copy too.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, August 26, 2021, 06:56:56 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

All,

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

JoAnn,
Back in early July, I responded to your original LONP submittal with your own Excel spreadsheet.
All you have to do is copy & paste to it, or just fill in the blanks.
Because your 070 # is above 070-2786, all of your contacts for LONP are submitted to me.
If you need that original custom made spreadsheet, I can send it also.
I look forward to your submissions!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Aug 26, 2021 6:05 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] PODXS LONP greater than 2786

I would like a copy too.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, August 26, 2021, 06:56:56 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

All,

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

OK I uploaded it to the files folder.

PODXS LONP Greater than 2786.csv

JoAnn Donaldson

Milt,
   I think I still have it. Just in case can you send me another. Also do you happen to have a way to convert an ADIF to a CSV? I will also look on the Web and see if there is one out there.

JoANn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:22:51 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

JoAnn,
Back in early July, I responded to your original LONP submittal with your own Excel spreadsheet.
Because your 070 # is above 070-2786, all of your contacts for LONP are submitted to me.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

I would like a copy too.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

All,

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

JoAnn Donaldson

When Sept 1st comes, I will be uploading my ADIF to the 070 site and will send you the ADIF file or do you want a copy of the spreadsheet?

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Friday, August 27, 2021, 01:27:07 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

Milt,
   I think I still have it. Just in case can you send me another. Also do you happen to have a way to convert an ADIF to a CSV? I will also look on the Web and see if there is one out there.

JoANn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:22:51 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

JoAnn,
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

I would like a copy too.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

All,

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

JoAnn,

Try this ADIF to CSV tool.
software.ad1c.us/ADIF_to_CSV/index.html

John
LC3FL

JoAnn Donaldson

OK  I now have my log corrected, so how do Find the 070 numbers for the calls. Is there a page on the website that shows calls and their 070  number.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Friday, August 27, 2021, 01:40:09 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

JoAnn,

John
LC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

John :

Is that your Norwegian call sign ??  Emoji Emoji   Or a typo ?

Jerry

John
LC3FL

_._,_._,_

Rick - N7WE

You can download the membership file (CVS format) at http://www.podxs070.com/member-files
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Stephen Melachrinos

http://www.podxs070.com/lonp/070-member-info

Sent: Sat, Aug 28, 2021 6:12 pm

OK  I now have my log corrected, so how do Find the 070 numbers for the calls. Is there a page on the website that shows calls and their 070  number.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Friday, August 27, 2021, 01:40:09 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

JoAnn,

John
LC3FL

JoAnn Donaldson

I have decided that amount of effort that I have go thru is not worth the rewards. Your system would have handled all of it but it can no longer do what it was programmed to do. If your going to do this with a Spreadsheet, then you need to find someone that can write macros for you that will search the member CSV file and compare that to the Spreadsheet that the user submits. Having the user do all this work can be more than some Hams can do. Not everyone is a Spreadsheet guru.
   So thanks for the effort and keep up the good work. I am sure you have more than enough Hams that already are submitting contacts for their LONG Number.  

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Saturday, August 28, 2021, 09:19:14 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn,

John
LC3FL

Jim K5SP

JoAnn, I have followed this thread, and am having a very difficult time understanding that out of over 2860 members, you are the only one that has any problem with complying with the special instructions that have been applied to our awards program due to software issues that are beyond our control.

Every member of the advisory council, every person that does any activities for the club are volunteers!  Many have full time jobs, families, and other obligations that demand their time.  I am totally aware of the hours it takes to verify all LONP and other endorsement submissions.  You have only one log/spreadsheet to maintain, the endorsement checkers have hundreds. 

I see by your QRZ page that you were USAF, and being an officer were used to every little detail being performed for you by junior personnel.  It doesn't work that way with a volunteer organization.

Each and every one of us deplores the methodologies that we have had to implement due to one individual refusing to allow access to the source code, refuses to share his source code (even though his endorsement page says he is willing to do so).  It is not the club, or any members fault that Google decided to deprecate their API code, and caused existing software to no long work as advertised.  We have one repeat one software developer, and he has a full time job, has a family, and is pursuing his master's degree.  Very little time is left in his daily schedule for doing our club software.  ALL the software has had to be built from the ground up, this takes a lot of time to ensure that all possible endorsments are check and accounted for.  Then there is extensive testing involved to ensure that it works properly, that most bugs are detected and fixed, and that some user entering incorrect data does not make the program crash.

You can help.  If you know how to write code, volunteer.  If you know how to write a macro for Excel, volunteer.  If you know of anything you can do to help, volunteer.   But above all do not complain about the methodologies that members dedicated to seeing the best PSK club in the world have put in place to allow the existence of the club to continue.  We could have thrown our hands up in despair when the software broke and let the club disappear.  But, some of us volunteers spend hours of time trying to insure that the membership remains intact, that the endorsements/awards continue, and that members have a means, however archaic, of submitting applications.

A little FYI, the software developer has spent hours just accomplishing the task of writing programs that score our contests,  count the contests, and you will see how many individual programs that required (because each contest is different), and the hours he spend on them.  This development caused the LONP and endorsement checking program development to take a back seat.

Instead of complaining about the issues, make some contributions to the development.  Ideally we would have everything in a database, and would only have to write query scripts to present the data.  However, there are no database managers that have stepped up and volunteered to assume that project.  We do not have funds to "hire" a 3rd party developer, and have yet to find want that wants to do pro bono work.

Jim K5SP
Executive Director   (retired US Navy Chief Radioman)

On 8/29/2021 11:46 AM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
I have decided that amount of effort that I have go thru is not worth the rewards. Your system would have handled all of it but it can no longer do what it was programmed to do. If your going to do this with a Spreadsheet, then you need to find someone that can write macros for you that will search the member CSV file and compare that to the Spreadsheet that the user submits. Having the user do all this work can be more than some Hams can do. Not everyone is a Spreadsheet guru.
   So thanks for the effort and keep up the good work. I am sure you have more than enough Hams that already are submitting contacts for their LONG Number.  

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Saturday, August 28, 2021, 09:19:14 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn,

John
LC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

JoAnn Donaldson

With help from my wonderful daughter who is an Excel Wizard, I now have my Excel LONP form populated with Macros. These macros allow me to
1. Update Sheet two from the Club CSV File
2. After entering the Call, Date, and Time of the contact, will then scan Sheet 2 for that call and if it has an 070 will populate the 070# column.
3. A button that then creates a new excel sheet that has this information but WITHOUt ANY of the macros. This for sending to you.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, August 29, 2021, 05:20:09 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

JoAnn, I have followed this thread, and am having a very difficult time understanding that out of over 2860 members, you are the only one that has any problem with complying with the special instructions that have been applied to our awards program due to software issues that are beyond our control.

Every member of the advisory council, every person that does any activities for the club are volunteers!  Many have full time jobs, families, and other obligations that demand their time.  I am totally aware of the hours it takes to verify all LONP and other endorsement submissions.  You have only one log/spreadsheet to maintain, the endorsement checkers have hundreds. 

I see by your QRZ page that you were USAF, and being an officer were used to every little detail being performed for you by junior personnel.  It doesn't work that way with a volunteer organization.

Each and every one of us deplores the methodologies that we have had to implement due to one individual refusing to allow access to the source code, refuses to share his source code (even though his endorsement page says he is willing to do so).  It is not the club, or any members fault that Google decided to deprecate their API code, and caused existing software to no long work as advertised.  We have one repeat one software developer, and he has a full time job, has a family, and is pursuing his master's degree.  Very little time is left in his daily schedule for doing our club software.  ALL the software has had to be built from the ground up, this takes a lot of time to ensure that all possible endorsments are check and accounted for.  Then there is extensive testing involved to ensure that it works properly, that most bugs are detected and fixed, and that some user entering incorrect data does not make the program crash.

You can help.  If you know how to write code, volunteer.  If you know how to write a macro for Excel, volunteer.  If you know of anything you can do to help, volunteer.   But above all do not complain about the methodologies that members dedicated to seeing the best PSK club in the world have put in place to allow the existence of the club to continue.  We could have thrown our hands up in despair when the software broke and let the club disappear.  But, some of us volunteers spend hours of time trying to insure that the membership remains intact, that the endorsements/awards continue, and that members have a means, however archaic, of submitting applications.

A little FYI, the software developer has spent hours just accomplishing the task of writing programs that score our contests,  count the contests, and you will see how many individual programs that required (because each contest is different), and the hours he spend on them.  This development caused the LONP and endorsement checking program development to take a back seat.

Instead of complaining about the issues, make some contributions to the development.  Ideally we would have everything in a database, and would only have to write query scripts to present the data.  However, there are no database managers that have stepped up and volunteered to assume that project.  We do not have funds to "hire" a 3rd party developer, and have yet to find want that wants to do pro bono work.

Jim K5SP

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn,

John
LC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

JoAnn,
Receipt of your log is acknowledged.
It's in que for processing.
As far as the macro's and your reason for holding them so closely, and dangling them like a carrot or some kind of a valuable commodity? 
I could really care less.
At 1st glance, the log you just submitted is what the instructions for submitting logs asks for.
Had YOU followed those instructions back in June, you'd already be well on your way to earning LONP.
Is LONP worth it? Ask the 457, 070 Club Members, ranging from 070-0010 to 070-2827, that have chosen to participate with pride.
Milt.
070-650
LONP #76
A proud volunteer for the PODXS 070 Club!

Sent: Wed, Sep 1, 2021 9:43 am

With help from my wonderful daughter who is an Excel Wizard, I now have my Excel LONP form populated with Macros. These macros allow me to
1. Update Sheet two from the Club CSV File
2. After entering the Call, Date, and Time of the contact, will then scan Sheet 2 for that call and if it has an 070 will populate the 070# column.
3. A button that then creates a new excel sheet that has this information but WITHOUt ANY of the macros. This for sending to you.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, August 29, 2021, 05:20:09 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Jim K5SP

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn,

John
LC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483