PM Cell?

K8TOM

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 09:45 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
"Was on PM cell with him..."  I guess I'm out of the tech loop here, so I have to ask what is PM cell?  Google did not help me with it...

Tom
K8TOM
815

Stephen Melachrinos

Group text. Those are area codes.

From: K8TOM <tsingle@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Apr 20, 2021 5:03 pm
Subject: [070Club] PM Cell?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 09:45 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
"Was on PM cell with him..."  I guess I'm out of the tech loop here, so I have to ask what is PM cell?  Google did not help me with it...

Tom
K8TOM

Cell phone messaging.  Perhaps I'm out of touch on terminology ?

Jerry n9avy

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 12:03:35 PM CDT, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 09:45 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
"Was on PM cell with him..."  I guess I'm out of the tech loop here, so I have to ask what is PM cell?  Google did not help me with it...

Tom
K8TOM
815

Richard Rohrer

Don't worry Jerry, I just figured out how to send a group text.  When I worked for NASA contractor on Space Shuttle telemetry I called our real estate agent one day when sell our house in Annapolis, MD and she told me she had trouble with the new phone system putting people on hold or transferring.  I told her not to feel bad about it, I was an engineer for the Space Shuttle Program and had the same problem.  I was use to the old phones that had buttons on them you put on hold or transferred, not hitting the cradle to do different things.  Like radios now, I think back to my old 6 mtr transceiver that had three or four controls, not many menus, etc.

73
Dick - KC3EF