Observation

Jerry N9AVY

Have a few stations lately sending   "BTU  KKK "  and no calls which is okay so long as they ID every 10 minutes per FCC Part 97.

What I don't understand is the 3 K's.. does that signify that they are Klan members ?    No need for extra K's  unless they are trying to fill up space or is it an affectation ?

Bewildering ...

Jerry  n9avy

P.S. I know that "RRR" means "Roger Roger Roger"  and it works well if the fellow you're talking to is Roger,  Emoji

Ron Bosch

"Roger, Roger.  What's our vector, Victor?" :-)

My kids type KK on text when they mean OK, so maybe it means "OK Over"  ;-)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 1:49 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Have a few stations lately sending   "BTU  KKK "  and no calls which is okay so long as they ID every 10 minutes per FCC Part 97.

What I don't understand is the 3 K's.. does that signify that they are Klan members ?    No need for extra K's  unless they are trying to fill up space or is it an affectation ?

Bewildering ...

Jerry  n9avy

P.S. I know that "RRR" means "Roger Roger Roger"  and it works well if the fellow you're talking to is Roger,  Emoji

Jerry N9AVY

Do you remember "vector conjecture"  ??

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 02:43:33 PM CDT, Ron Bosch <boschfamily@...> wrote:

"Roger, Roger.  What's our vector, Victor?" :-)

My kids type KK on text when they mean OK, so maybe it means "OK Over"  ;-)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 1:49 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Have a few stations lately sending   "BTU  KKK "  and no calls which is okay so long as they ID every 10 minutes per FCC Part 97.

What I don't understand is the 3 K's.. does that signify that they are Klan members ?    No need for extra K's  unless they are trying to fill up space or is it an affectation ?

Bewildering ...

Jerry  n9avy

P.S. I know that "RRR" means "Roger Roger Roger"  and it works well if the fellow you're talking to is Roger,  Emoji

Ron Bosch

No, but I do know Proca's Vectors, and the Pauli Principle :-)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 3:49 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Do you remember "vector conjecture"  ??

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 02:43:33 PM CDT, Ron Bosch <boschfamily@...> wrote:

"Roger, Roger.  What's our vector, Victor?" :-)

My kids type KK on text when they mean OK, so maybe it means "OK Over"  ;-)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 1:49 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Have a few stations lately sending   "BTU  KKK "  and no calls which is okay so long as they ID every 10 minutes per FCC Part 97.

What I don't understand is the 3 K's.. does that signify that they are Klan members ?    No need for extra K's  unless they are trying to fill up space or is it an affectation ?

Bewildering ...

Jerry  n9avy

P.S. I know that "RRR" means "Roger Roger Roger"  and it works well if the fellow you're talking to is Roger,  Emoji

Jeremy Allen

I wonder if it is a default macro someone programmed?  It is an unfortunate one in the US at least.  I tend to use "KN" after "BTU" myself, and "K" after "CQ" or "QRZ."

73
Jeremy N1ZZZ

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 18:49:45 +0000, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Have a few stations lately sending   "BTU  KKK "  and no calls which is
okay so long as they ID every 10 minutes per FCC Part 97.
I have a radical idea... ask them ;)

73,

Jeff (AC1JR)

Jerry N9AVY

On phone it's the same s saying "Go Ahead, Go ahead, go ahead "  or "over, over over".  It's redundant !

Guess some folks just need to fill space....

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 09:37:23 AM CDT, Jeremy Allen via groups.io <jcaoy@...> wrote:

I wonder if it is a default macro someone programmed?  It is an unfortunate one in the US at least.  I tend to use "KN" after "BTU" myself, and "K" after "CQ" or "QRZ."

73
Jeremy N1ZZZ

Jerry N9AVY

If 3 "K's" are good  , maybe more K's are better   KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 09:57:53 AM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

On phone it's the same s saying "Go Ahead, Go ahead, go ahead "  or "over, over over".  It's redundant !

Guess some folks just need to fill space....

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 09:37:23 AM CDT, Jeremy Allen via groups.io <jcaoy@...> wrote:

I wonder if it is a default macro someone programmed?  It is an unfortunate one in the US at least.  I tend to use "KN" after "BTU" myself, and "K" after "CQ" or "QRZ."

73
Jeremy N1ZZZ

In a reference to the way Jeremy explained how to use K and KN, this is an excerpt from M0JCQ's Ham Blog.

  • K = Over
  • KN = Over (and only the station addressed should respond)

Jeremy did it the right way.  I must have read that somewhere years ago because I setup my macros the same way.

John
KC3FL

Jerry...I mean, really?

"Guess some folks just need to fill space...."  de Jerry, N9AVY

Milt.
N6MG

If 3 "K's" are good  , maybe more K's are better   KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 09:57:53 AM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

On phone it's the same s saying "Go Ahead, Go ahead, go ahead "  or "over, over over".  It's redundant !

Guess some folks just need to fill space....

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 09:37:23 AM CDT, Jeremy Allen via groups.io <jcaoy@...> wrote:

I wonder if it is a default macro someone programmed?  It is an unfortunate one in the US at least.  I tend to use "KN" after "BTU" myself, and "K" after "CQ" or "QRZ."

73
Jeremy N1ZZZ

Jim K5SP

Okay.. end of this topic!

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Learned that back in the 60s ...

Too many young whippersnappers who don't pay attention..

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:05:45 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

In a reference to the way Jeremy explained how to use K and KN, this is an excerpt from M0JCQ's Ham Blog.

  • K = Over
  • KN = Over (and only the station addressed should respond)

Jeremy did it the right way.  I must have read that somewhere years ago because I setup my macros the same way.

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

Yes Milt, really ?    Far too many who are corrupting ham radio traditions without a clue.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:23:25 AM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

[...]

10-4 !

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:28:52 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Okay.. end of this topic!

Jim K5SP

<n6mg@...> wrote:
[...]

Jerry what part of QRT the topic do you not understand?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:35 AM, Jerry N9AVY
<n9avy@...> wrote:
Learned that back in the 60s ...

Too many young whippersnappers who don't pay attention..

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 10:05:45 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

In a reference to the way Jeremy explained how to use K and KN, this is an excerpt from M0JCQ's Ham Blog.

  • K = Over
  • KN = Over (and only the station addressed should respond)

Jeremy did it the right way.  I must have read that somewhere years ago because I setup my macros the same way.

John
KC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Jim:

Blame it on the speed of delivery of this page. Was sent long before you said "cut it out" !

Jerry  N9AVY