New Menu Item

Jim K5SP

The Menu Item "Alpha List" is no longer available.  That list was not being updated, and frankly I could not find anyone that found that list useful.

So, that Menu Item has been changed to "Member List", as a temporary means to allow you to try to locate a member and their respective number.

This list is created from a Google Doc spreadsheet, and in my browser is searchable.  I use Firefox, and to find a specific call, you can click edit->Find in this page to do a search.  A small text box opens at the bottom of your browser window where you can enter your search term, either the number or the call, and it will find it.   You can also use CTRL+F to bring up the seach box.  Unfortunately, I dont use any other browser, so cannot tell you how to do a search in them (EDGE, Safara, Chrome, etc).

We have made this to assist you in finding members/numbers.

Jim,  K5SP #483

Tested with Google Chrome PC, using Control Google Chrome (three vertical dots on top right) and "Find".  Also tested with Google Chrome Android, using ActionMenu (3 verticle dots on top right)  and "Find in Page".  Both work FB for either call or 070 #.  Thanks Jim!

Thanks Rick, good work.

I am starting to feel like a postman...neither rain, nor sleet, nor hail, nor ice, nor 8 inches of snow will keep me from my duties for 070 club.

On 2/17/2021 11:39 AM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
Tested with Google Chrome PC, using Control Google Chrome (three vertical dots on top right) and "Find".  Also tested with Google Chrome Android, using ActionMenu (3 verticle dots on top right)  and "Find in Page".  Both work FB for either call or 070 #.  Thanks Jim!

Jim,  K5SP #483

Barry VA7GEM

Jim
In Chrome Member List brings up a page titled alpha-list
http://www.podxs070.com/alpha-list
It would be nice if it were possible to display a slightly larger column.
I have always avoided this page due to the small window.
cheers
Barry

Jim K5SP

Barry,

When I changed the page, I forgot to change the alias for the menu item.  It is now changed, and the alpha-list is history!

As for the column sizes, right now I am a little baffled.  The window that displays the list has only a setting for % of the screen, and it was set to 15%, changed to 25% did not affect the list size.

This list is created by linking to a spreadsheet tab that is on Google Docs.  It grabs the data from the tab and puts it into a table in the webpage (Joomla).  I have tried resizing the cells in the spreadsheet, changing the font size, but somehow Joomla ignores that and puts it own dimensions on the displayed cells.  I will continue to research and find out how the cell sizes can be overridden.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Try hitting Ctrl and the plus sign, that should enlarge the whole window

John
KC3FL

Barry VA7GEM

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 09:45 AM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Dont put too much time into the cosmetics.
Main thing is it till works.
Enjoy a taste of our weather sent special delivery to all
of our southern friends. Seriously we feel for the Texas folks.
cheers
Barry