From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick - N7WE
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2021 10:04
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Need some DM780 Help

Anyone out there using DM780 who knows how to retrieve a previous identity for DM780?

In my struggles trying to solve lockups and crashes with DM780 on my new win 10 computer, I stupidly selected "create a new identity" when I got the "DM780 did not shut down properly..." and of course it reset to the defaults.  Now all my previous configuration and macros are gone.    Since DM780 automatically saves the current setting when you properly shut down and then uses those when you restart, I can't recover my previous settings.  I'm hoping there is a backup of previous identity hidden somewhere in the DM780 or User App Data files, but I can't find it.  Would like to avoid a full hard drive restore if I can.

Thanks for any help.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Bill

Just do a system restore back to a point that all was working
Bill
WF9M

On Jul 10, 2021, at 12:05 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Anyone out there using DM780 who knows how to retrieve a previous identity for DM780?

In my struggles trying to solve lockups and crashes with DM780 on my new win 10 computer, I stupidly selected "create a new identity" when I got the "DM780 did not shut down properly..." and of course it reset to the defaults.  Now all my previous configuration and macros are gone.    Since DM780 automatically saves the current setting when you properly shut down and then uses those when you restart, I can't recover my previous settings.  I'm hoping there is a backup of previous identity hidden somewhere in the DM780 or User App Data files, but I can't find it.  Would like to avoid a full hard drive restore if I can.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you Bill.  System restore is definitely a good suggestion.  Fortunately I was able to figure out a way to reset it within DM780.  But I still don't know the name of the file or where it is located on the hard drive. 73,

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

it's a quirk of how Microsoft wants all software to hide where it stores configuration data.

Not sure exactly how DM780 handles "identities" because I have never played with identities, but all of the config data is stored down a normally hidden folder:

C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\Digital Master 780

The "AppData" folder is the hidden one and you have to make sure you have the "hidden items" box checked in file explorer to find the path.  Also, this HRDLLC directory can be copied and moved when moving to a new computer.  I also back up this directory as part of my recovery scheme to capture any changes I might make.

Loren WA3WZR