Most wanted grids

Rick - N7WE

As the summer season approaches, with APEs, Chimps, GridPeditions, and /P activities, attached is an Excel list of the most wanted grids as of 5/26/2022.  Further details, including least worked grids for each State, can be found at https://070club.groups.io/g/main/files/070%20Grid%20Chase/Most%20Wanted%20Grids%20as%20of%205-26-2022

Wherever you go this summer, will PSK31 and 070 Club go with you?

Barry VA7GEM

For those that are too paranoid to open an attachment here is the data thanks to Rick

Most Wanted Grids

Never Worked   Worked Less than 10   Worked less than 20
Grid Worked   Grid Worked   Grid Worked
DL88 0   DN01 1   DM90 10
DN34 0   DN12 1   DN10 10
DN52 0   DN67 1   DN57 10
DN75 0   EN28 1   EN38 10
      DN04 2   DM38 11
      DN02 3   DN68 11
      DN11 3   DM53 12
      DN85 3   DN25 12
      DM17 4   DM63 13
      DM87 5   DN78 13
      DN21 5   DN61 14
      DN56 5   FN65 14
      DM39 6   DN00 15
      DM47 7   DN80 15
      DM74 7   DN92 15
      DM85 7   DN73 16
      DM96 7   DN38 17
      DM28 8   EM06 17
      DN95 8   DN63 18
      DM19 9   DN77 19
      DM86 9
      DN87 9
      DN93 9

Data compiled by Rick - N7WE 5/26/2022 from 070 Club Progress Checker

Eric KG6MZS

Hmm.  Interesting.  I can see a trip up through DN01 > DN12 on the way to DN34.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 06:54 PM, Eric KG6MZS wrote:

Hmm.  Interesting.  I can see a trip up through DN01 > DN12 on the way to DN34.

Eric
You would be our HERO if you did this.
You can count me in as a shepherd.
cheers
Barry

Richard Rohrer

Hi Barry,

I checked my log and looks like I did not work you from DN01&DN02 during our 2018 trip thru that area.  I was surprised to find that there are only 4 grids left without activity.

Kathy and I are traveling to New England for an event in October and plan on activating some of the grids in Maine and some of the other states.  If anyone neds a grid please let me know.  Kathy and increased the fuel budget to $6 a gallon so we are still going to travel.  It does look like our Western trips will probably wait until prices get better.  We are still planning our next April trip to Ft Worth and will probably hit some of the grids in NE and OK.

I have not been able to get on the air from the apartment for several reason, but the most damaging one is that the electrical system has the old Cutler-Hammer circuit breakers that are RF sensitive, so if I transmit more than 5 watts I trip several of the breakers.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Dick-

Grids I still need in Maine, if you get that way:

           FN45, FN55, and FN56.

As to only 4 grids left unworked, there are several in the worked 1 - 5 category that are dubious.  If it was reported by the Progress Checker, I did not remove it.  The exception was stations outside the USA which don't count towards 070 grids (and there are tons of Canadian stations that fall in the grids along the border).  Those were deleted from the count.

I think anything 0 thru 20 are grids that will create a pileup and would be greatly appreciated.  And there are some sure winners in Maine.

ME FN65 FN45 FN56 FN64 FN55
times worked 14 38 66 108 178

Safe travels, and I hope gas prices soon turn lower...much lower... and you and Kathy can activate some of those least worked grids out West.

Steve W3HF

Dick I missed a lot of your grids, including those two, as well as many of those from N7WE/p. Lots of conflicts with the job.

Now that I'm retired, it will be easier to be on the air at the right times (as long as I'm not in Thailand). I hope to catch more of them on your future trips.

[...]

Yes Steve, being retired certainly helps.  Wish I could say the same, but we will be retired again after Jan 2023 when this project commitment ends.  Hopefully gas prices will be lower next year, since we have several trips planned.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Steve W3HF

Dick -

Didn't get to reply to this promptly. I need FN56 and FN65 in Maine.