More Joy of Chasing 070 Grids

Rick - N7WE

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 04:52 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
.....Was hoping to activate some grids this summer, but health situation appears it will not be allowed...drat !

Jerry-
That sentence and Malcolm's post triggered a thought.  While confined by winter and the pandemic, it's a great time to start thinking, planning, and scheming, Yes! - even scheming, about activating some of the rarer grids in 2021.  GRID-PEDITIONS!  There are a bunch of "sure pile-up" grids in northern Maine and northern New Hampshire.  Likewise for the Upper Peninsula in Michigan and the Boundry Water area in Minnesota.  Tons of opportunities in the west in Montana, eastern Utah, any of Nevada other than Las Vegas and Reno.  Don't overlook North Dakota and South Dakota.  Many in Washington and Oregon outside the I-5 corridor.  And northern and eastern California is rich in opportunities too.  Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama have opportunities too!

The File Section in the 070 Grid Chase folder has lots of good info about lesser worked and desirable grids.  Plug that info into K2DSL's Amateur Radio Ham Radio Maidenhead Grid Square Locator Map   http://www.levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php
and it will give you great help with roads, cities, and grid boundaries.  And once the planning is done, be sure to post your intentions here at least a week ahead of time.

Have fun...even if right now all you can do is think about it!

malcolm heard

I will be following Lewis and Clark trail this summer.  I’ll start planning.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 4:46 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
[...]

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

malcolm heard

I would appreciate guidance on getting to the files mentioned above.

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Rick - N7WE

Here you go Malcolm-
1.  Log on to the 070 groups.io website.  https://070club.groups.io/g/main
2.  On the left hand side of the page cursor down to the Files Icon.  Click on it.
3.  A list of folders within the Files Section opens in the main window.
4.  Click on 070 Grid Chase.  It is the top Folder and has 9 files in it.
5.  The window opens to show all 9 files.  Click on the one you want to open.  I recommend browsing all 9 of them!

Hope this helps...if not, please ask.

There are LOTS of great grids along the Lewis & Clark Trail.  We did the trail in 1999 long before I got into PSK and chasing grids.  It is a fantastic trip.  Wish we could do it again.  Enjoy!