From: Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] DM53

Rick -

That makes sense. I guess I shouldn't have been as specific about ground planes as I was, but your details are consistent with the thought: most antenna mounts on mobile vehicles will favor some directions and dis-favor others, due to the interactions between the antenna and the body of the vehicle, and the unique placement of the antenna.

Maybe we need to suggest that Kathy find a parking lot and drive in circles and let Dick stop her when there is maximum signal strength for each QSO. Only problem is that will delay their travels. (just kidding about the suggestion)