Topics

MixW Version 3

Phil Van Huis

Are there any MixW users out there ?

I have been using MixW V. 2.18 since 2007.  It has always worked fine for me and still does.  But recently I decided that I should upgrade to Version 3 and see how it works.

The problem I have is that I cannot get it downloaded.  The MixW Team has informed me that I am now registered for version 3 but I cannot get it downloaded.  Windows keeps blocking it.

Am I doing something wrong or what ?  Any suggestions out there.  I will appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Phil, K8PVH, #2750

Jerry N9AVY

Phil:

Been using MixW 3.2 for a year or two. It's very stable and I love it. Not sure why you're having problems with down load. Hope some one can address that isue.

Jerry N9AVY

On Thursday, August 6, 2020, 08:54:23 AM CDT, Phil Van Huis <pjvanhuis@...> wrote:

Are there any MixW users out there ?

I have been using MixW V. 2.18 since 2007.  It has always worked fine for me and still does.  But recently I decided that I should upgrade to Version 3 and see how it works.

The problem I have is that I cannot get it downloaded.  The MixW Team has informed me that I am now registered for version 3 but I cannot get it downloaded.  Windows keeps blocking it.

Am I doing something wrong or what ?  Any suggestions out there.  I will appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Phil, K8PVH, #2750

GA - Bob - K4VBM

Hi Phil,

You don't give the Windows error message, so we don't know what Windows component is stopping the download from saving to your disk.  You will need to disable whatever virus scanner you have turned on as it seems to not like MixW, and is preventing it from being saved.  Alternatively, use some  other computer you have access to for downloading MixW, and then move it using a USB flash drive.

Bob
K4VBM

On 8/6/2020 9:52 AM, Phil Van Huis wrote:

Are there any MixW users out there ?

I have been using MixW V. 2.18 since 2007.  It has always worked fine for me and still does.  But recently I decided that I should upgrade to Version 3 and see how it works.

The problem I have is that I cannot get it downloaded.  The MixW Team has informed me that I am now registered for version 3 but I cannot get it downloaded.  Windows keeps blocking it.

Am I doing something wrong or what ?  Any suggestions out there.  I will appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Phil, K8PVH, #2750

Phil Van Huis

Jerry,

Thanks for your reply.  It’s nice to know how well you like your MixW3.  It makes me feel better about sticking with the same brand that I have used so long.

Phil  K8PVH

[...]

Bob,

Thank you so much for your suggestions about my MixW3 problem.  I was reminded by you that several years ago I transferred my old MixW2 program from my even older Windows XP laptop via a USB flash drive and it worked great then.  So, I took my newer laptop, downloaded the program and did it again.  Worked again.  So now I’m in business with my new MixW3 program.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil,  K8PVH

[...]

Started out with Digipan in 2000 -older than the hills... moved to a couple others and tried HRD 4 or 5 (before the author in Switzerland sold it to U.S. firm). Finally settled on MixW2 and moved to 3.2.

HRD was just too much clutter IMHO. They are now on Version 7.? and they keep making additions which makes me think that there is more to go wrong. I like simple software. I have avoided MixW4 simply because I heard some negative comments about that version.

Currently running MixW3.2 on a WIN 7 machine ; previously it was on an XP platform.

Jerry n9avy

On Thursday, August 6, 2020, 06:48:12 PM CDT, Phil Van Huis <pjvanhuis@...> wrote:

[...]

Phil,

You are very welcome!
Hope to catch you on the air soon!

73,

Bob
K4VBM (Very Bad Memory)

On 8/6/2020 7:56 PM, Phil Van Huis wrote:

[...]

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Phil,

Not sure this will help but I know my browser has a pop up blocker.  If another window attempts to open as you are downloading, it will refuse to download.  My message only flashes real quick in the toolbar which I almost never see..

Bob KK6KMU

Phil Van Huis

Thanks Bob.  I will check that out.

Phil, K8PVH

Not sure this will help but I know my browser has a pop up blocker.  If another window attempts to open as you are downloading, it will refuse to download.  My message only flashes real quick in the toolbar which I almost never see..

Bob KK6KMU

Phil Van Huis

Thanks Dave.  It must be that a lot of people like those big complicated programs because there sure are a lot of users of HRD out there.  Interesting about MixW4.

Phil, K8PVH

[...]

Hey Jerry,

It’s me again.  I have found a problem with my new MixW3 that has me baffled.  I have made several QSO’s and everything seems to be working properly.  But after the QSO is finished and I go to send an Eqsl from the MixW program; everything in the logbar disappears.  Can’t find it in the full log (nothing there yet) and I even looked back in my old MixW2 files and it isn’t there.

I can’t find anything to help me in the HelpFiles.  Any suggestions ?

Phil, K8PVH

[...]

Try reloading MixW. You may have had a glitch.

Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, August 9, 2020, 09:18:01 AM CDT, Phil Van Huis <pjvanhuis@...> wrote:

[...]

Lauri Lundgren

I think you have to save qso also.
The last line of my signoff macro looks something like <RX><SENDEQSL><SAVEQSO>.

Jim K5SP

I think Lauri is correct, you are not saving the QSO.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Phil Van Huis

To:  Lauri, Jim and Jerry;

Thank you all for answering my post re: my logging problem on MixW3.  I decided to go with Lauri’s suggestion because it was the easiest and fastest.  I made the changes as she suggested to my signoff macro and wallah, it did the trick.  I have since made a few contacts without any problems.  Thanks again to all of you.

73, Phil, K8PVH

The last line of my signoff macro looks something like <RX><SENDEQSL><SAVEQSO>.