MixW and TS-890S

Jim K5SP

I have a new TS-890, and wish to continue to use MixW for my software application.   I have been through that part of the manual, have ensured that all comm ports are being set up properly to match the baud rate of the transceiver.   i have my inputs and outputs set up to be the USB Audio Codec as required.  I have PTT setup through CAT settings on the USB port.

I am able to receive and decode PSK-31 signals with this setup.  I copied WA5AMM in a qso on 40 last evening.

The issue:  MixW properly keys the transceiver but there is no output, no signal from the software getting to the 890.  N6MG and I have spent considerable time over the past few days verifying the setup, and all appears to be correct.  I have menu item 7 on the 890 audio input level set to 50 as recommended to prevent ALC.  Nothing works.

If we cannot get this working, I am out of the upcoming Triple Play, as my Signalink that I used on the old TS-590 has succumbed due to overuse.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas?

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Eric KG6MZS

Jim,

I'm sure you've been here, but what about the output audio levels in Windows? (If that is the platform you are running MixW on).  ...or maybe muted?

If that isn't the case, I might try changing the output to the computer's speakers and send a CQ just to make sure MixW is actually kicking out a signal.

HTH

Eric KG6MZS

On 11/9/22 11:27 AM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Everything looks good on that.

When I change to speakers, mixw is warbling like it should .

When I switch back to the codec get signals in waterfall. When I try to transmit, it keys the rig, but no modulation at all.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 4:27 PM, Eric KG6MZS
<contact@...> wrote:

[...]

Okay, yeah I was pretty sure you had that covered.  I'm looking at the rear panel of the TS-890 and I don't see a data port.  Is the CAT control via the "Remote" port?  How is the audio sent to the TS-890?

Just spitballing here.

Eric

On 11/9/22 4:09 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Ach.  I was looking at the wrong rig, sorry.  I see the USB port now.

Another idea probably already tried, what about turning up the audio input gain beyond 50 just to test?