Message From Director

Jim K5SP

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

The annual Three Day Weekend (TDW) event has concluded for 2021.  This years contest was one of the best I can recall since I became a member many moons ago.

First, I would like to thank our Bonus Stations; VA7GEM, KE5PYF, KD6TR, KC3FL, N6MG, KB3RAN, N5SLY, and N9AVY, for doing a fantastic job and devoting so many hours on the air to ensure everyone had every opportunity to grab the bonus points.  It did not seem to matter what band you went to, there was a bonus station on the band making contacts.  Your efforts greatly enhanced this years contest, and I applaud each and every one of you for your dedication to the club.

For me, this was the most satisfying contest that I have participated in, due to the enormous number of members/nonmembers participating over the weekend, I personally set a new record for contest contacts and points (well, except maybe for a contest many years ago that had some dubious point awards in order that Harvey, K5PAX, could rack up over a million points.

I applaud the membership for their participation and patience in ensuring that both members and nonmembers could get you in the log.  At times conditions were rough, but many hung in there to ensure the proper exchanges were made.  Bravo Zulu to each and every one of you. (thats an old Navy term).

As I have often stated, lack of propagation is due to lack of operation!  The club, the finest PSK club in the world, demonstrated over this weekend that even 15 and 10 meters can be used, all it takes is putting signals on the air.  It did not matter what band you went to, during the appropriate time for maximum operating for the band, there were PSK signals across the waterfall.  It was beautiful to see all the traces, even though conditions on my end prevented contacts.

Again, thank you my fellow members for a fantastic contest, and continue to operate, try all bands, you never know when you will grab that rare one!  Also, who has more fun than a 070 Club member?

Our next contest is the Firecracker Sprint in July. While I would like to see everyone on the air, I will not be able to participate this year (family vacation plans, and xyl says I cannot take my radio gear!).

Executive Director
PODXS070 Club

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Roger Boehnlein

Jim,

Great contest. Great job by all the executives of the group.

PSK is alive and well.

Hope to be around for the 4th

The old Flex still works.

Roger

N8TCP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Eric KG6MZS

On 6/7/21 9:15 AM, Roger Boehnlein via groups.io wrote:

old Flex

Geezerdom has struck: that seems like an oxymoron.

;-)

73 Eric KG6MMZS

Roger Boehnlein

Yep….. 😊)