Mailing


Jim K5SP
 

Gentlemen,

The last of the sticker mailing for endorsements earned through the end of 2020 were placed in the mail today.  If you expected to get stickers, and by the end of the week have not received anything, please let me know so I can double check and ensure that no member was left off the mailing.

Well over 200 members received stickers in this mailing, and there were over 1000 stickers mailed.  Enjoy!

I want everyone to know that this is a massive effort, that takes a tremendous amount of volunteer time.  And with the endorsement software not working properly, it has required a lot of manual intervention.

Jerry, N9AVY has been checking the results of the endorsement checker, and any stickers that you earned are being tracked in a spreadsheet, by hand.   Jerry then passes that to me, and I ensure that the endorsement records are updated. Hand salute to Jerry for all the extra effort this requires.

Then when mailing time rolls around, the stickers are printed, cut out, and, placed into mailing boxes with postage, envelopes, address labels, return address labels, the coin envelopes the stickers are placed in, and the boxes are shipped off to the mailing team, who sorts the stickers, places them in the correct envelopes to go to the correct member, applies postage, labels, and does the mailing.   This job is performed by Jeff W3WMU, and Bob KK6KMU to which I thank every opportunity I have for the great job they do.

Great job by the entire team!  Next mailing in the July/August time frame.

73, and thanks to all for being members of the finest PSK31 club in the world!

Jim K5SP


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


BT Email
 

Thanks to all the team for the great job done, not just now but through out the year well done everybody 


On 7 Feb 2021, at 02:44, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:



Gentlemen,

The last of the sticker mailing for endorsements earned through the end of 2020 were placed in the mail today.  If you expected to get stickers, and by the end of the week have not received anything, please let me know so I can double check and ensure that no member was left off the mailing.

Well over 200 members received stickers in this mailing, and there were over 1000 stickers mailed.  Enjoy!

I want everyone to know that this is a massive effort, that takes a tremendous amount of volunteer time.  And with the endorsement software not working properly, it has required a lot of manual intervention.

Jerry, N9AVY has been checking the results of the endorsement checker, and any stickers that you earned are being tracked in a spreadsheet, by hand.   Jerry then passes that to me, and I ensure that the endorsement records are updated. Hand salute to Jerry for all the extra effort this requires.

Then when mailing time rolls around, the stickers are printed, cut out, and, placed into mailing boxes with postage, envelopes, address labels, return address labels, the coin envelopes the stickers are placed in, and the boxes are shipped off to the mailing team, who sorts the stickers, places them in the correct envelopes to go to the correct member, applies postage, labels, and does the mailing.   This job is performed by Jeff W3WMU, and Bob KK6KMU to which I thank every opportunity I have for the great job they do.

Great job by the entire team!  Next mailing in the July/August time frame.

73, and thanks to all for being members of the finest PSK31 club in the world!

Jim K5SP


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Barry VA7GEM
 

Jim and team
TVM for all the effort you folks put into this.
Is there by any chance a list on the website where one can check if they
were due a mailing.
cheers
barry
va7gem


Scotty W7PSK
 

Got a sticker I didn't expect, just 1. But that's more than I expected.

I just finished LONP 500 so looking forward to receiving that one.

On 2/7/2021 17:17, Barry VA7GEM via groups.io wrote:
Jim and team
TVM for all the effort you folks put into this.
Is there by any chance a list on the website where one can check if they
were due a mailing.
cheers
barry
va7gem

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138


Jim K5SP
 

No, there is not a link on the website, except for the "Recent Awards" module on the homepage.  (It only lists the last 100 or so.)

However, I can report that we show you were mailed an envelope that contained ten (10) stickers.  Let me know if you do not receive this in the next few days.  It was sent via CPE (Canadian Pony Express). lol.

73

Jim K5SP

On 2/7/2021 7:17 PM, Barry VA7GEM via groups.io wrote:
Jim and team
TVM for all the effort you folks put into this.
Is there by any chance a list on the website where one can check if they
were due a mailing.
cheers
barry
va7gem

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director


Rick - N7WE
 

FYI Barry.  A birthday card mailed 1st class from here in Florida (2 weeks before the birthday) to Sechelt, British Columbia arrived 1 week after the birthday.  Another from here to London, Ontario mailed 3 weeks ago has still not arrived.  Do not give up hope my Canadian friend!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Barry VA7GEM
 

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:04 AM, Jim K5SP wrote:

No, there is not a link on the website, except for the "Recent Awards" module on the homepage.  (It only lists the last 100 or so.)

However, I can report that we show you were mailed an envelope that contained ten (10) stickers.  Let me know if you do not receive this in the next few days.  It was sent via CPE (Canadian Pony Express). lol.

73

Jim K5SP

On 2/7/2021 7:17 PM, Barry VA7GEM via groups.io wrote:
Jim and team
TVM for all the effort you folks put into this.
Is there by any chance a list on the website where one can check if they
were due a mailing.
cheers
barry
va7gem

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director
Jim
TVM es look fwd to getting it just in time for the summer.


Barry VA7GEM
 

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 05:21 AM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
FYI Barry.  A birthday card mailed 1st class from here in Florida (2 weeks before the birthday) to Sechelt, British Columbia arrived 1 week after the birthday.  Another from here to London, Ontario mailed 3 weeks ago has still not arrived.  Do not give up hope my Canadian friend!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602
Rick
Still a lot of hope here. I ordered some PCM controllers from FL in Oct. Tracking shs they were in Miami on Nov08. I am optimistic they may get to the Far Northern Regions by next xmas.
cheers
Barry


Rick - N7WE
 

RRR Barry.  Good Luck!  I'm wondering if there is a quarentine facility somewhere that all mail inbound to Canada gets held for 14 days before it is passed on to Customs for clearence...and then and only then out for distribution.  By the way, a birthday card from here to Seattle took 4 days - mailed the same day as the Sechelt card.
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Sebastien
 

I just got my stickers yesterday, thanks to the team!
Indeed what a massive effort it must be doing this task!

73 to all,
Seb VA2SIB #2765


pa3eeg
 

Got my stickers this morning. Many thanks to the team for all the effort made. 

73, Ruud, PA3EEG, #1670


Barry VA7GEM
 

Envelope arrived today.
TVM to the behind the scenes crew of volunteers.
Barry
va7gem