Topics

KC9UR POTA Portable APE Tall Tale Report Posted

Bob KC9UR

Stan, W9SMR and I would like to thank everyone who worked us!  We had a great time and enjoyed every one of the 202 total QSOs.  In spite of the current poor propagation, a record 20 070 APE Hunters bagged us on three or more bands, and have nice certificates coming in the mail.  We also enjoyed QSOs with many POTA hunters, had a number of POTA Park-to-Park QSOs and several Park-to-Lighthouse QSOs (it was International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend).  As Stan likes to say, it's not the propagation, it's the participation - thanks so much for yours!  I've posted our "Tall Tales" report which includes pictures, log, and a listing of the certificate winners in the "APE Tall Tales" folder in the Files section.  Thanks again.

Bob, KC9UR

Rick - N7WE

Great write-up Bob!  Looks like the new location was a great place...and A/C too?  Does it get any better than that?  Many thanks to you and Stan for what has become one of the best parts of August for me.  Looking forward to next year.  Maybe Cycle 25 will perk up a bit by then.  GO APE!

John Fickler

Bob & Stan,
   Thanks for doing the APE and for the nice APE certificate! It will find a place of prominence on the shack wall.
Best Regards,
John
W8VYM

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:41 AM Bob KC9UR <rebill05@...> wrote:
Stan, W9SMR and I would like to thank everyone who worked us!  We had a great time and enjoyed every one of the 202 total QSOs.  In spite of the current poor propagation, a record 20 070 APE Hunters bagged us on three or more bands, and have nice certificates coming in the mail.  We also enjoyed QSOs with many POTA hunters, had a number of POTA Park-to-Park QSOs and several Park-to-Lighthouse QSOs (it was International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend).  As Stan likes to say, it's not the propagation, it's the participation - thanks so much for yours!  I've posted our "Tall Tales" report which includes pictures, log, and a listing of the certificate winners in the "APE Tall Tales" folder in the Files section.  Thanks again.

Bob, KC9UR

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Got my certificate on Saturday. Thank you so much for doing this. I had a fun trying to chase you across the bands. I am looking forward to next August. Maybe I will be in a park too and we can go for a park to park contact.

73, Karl Heinz- K5KHK