73s
Chuck
KD9DVB

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 7:58 PM, Barry VA7GEM via groups.io
<boat.anchor@...> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 08:43 AM, N6MG - Milt. wrote:
Reading emails...awaiting Dick's activation from EL59, and wondering?
Don, what's uBTIX?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

-----Original Message-----
From: Don - KM4UDX <dontay155@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 1, 2021 8:30 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] KC9UR POTA Effort Today

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...
Milt

Hi Barry and tks for the info.
It's definitely interesting. The last thing that I built, at board level, was my HW-8. Still got it too!
There's a definite art to working CW with a 2 kc bandwidth on receive. There were mods to add RIT, but with that bandwidth, you can't move from anybody, ya know?
Milt.
N6MG

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...
Milt
Guess Don missed ur question.
I think it refers to https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/
best regards
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

HW-7 was worse. Borrowed one from a friend when I went to Maine many years ago.

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 08:40:42 PM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Hi Barry and tks for the info.
It's definitely interesting. The last thing that I built, at board level, was my HW-8. Still got it too!
There's a definite art to working CW with a 2 kc bandwidth on receive. There were mods to add RIT, but with that bandwidth, you can't move from anybody, ya know?
Milt.
N6MG

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...
Milt
Guess Don missed ur question.
I think it refers to https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/
best regards
Barry

Jerry,
We're all just so happy to know that.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...
Milt
Guess Don missed ur question.
I think it refers to https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/
best regards
Barry

Barry VA7GEM

Milt
I have 40M version in the shack. Built and tuned up but lost interest.
It just sits there lonely as can be.
cheers
Barry

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 06:40 PM, N6MG - Milt. wrote:
Hi Barry and tks for the info.
It's definitely interesting. The last thing that I built, at board level, was my HW-8. Still got it too!
There's a definite art to working CW with a 2 kc bandwidth on receive. There were mods to add RIT, but with that bandwidth, you can't move from anybody, ya know?
Milt.
N6MG

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 08:43 AM, N6MG - Milt. wrote:
Reading emails...awaiting Dick's activation from EL59, and wondering?
Don, what's uBTIX?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

Milt
Guess Don missed ur question.
I think it refers to https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/
best regards
Barry

Don - KM4UDX

Yes, I'm sorry I missed the email completely. The uBITX is a little inexpensive 160-10m easy to assemble kit with full CAT.  The computer interface makes it a perfect digital rig.

https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/

I day dream of getting out to POTAs. And l love to read about how folks do this stuff.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...