Topics

KC9UR POTA Effort Today

Bob KC9UR

I will be operating PSK31 POTA portable from Quabache State Park, K-2263, near Bluffton, Indiana, this afternoon from 1600 - 1800 on 20m and 40m running 30 watts into a vertical.  I hope to work some of you.

Thanks,
Bob, KC9UR

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Bob,

even though this is not one of the seven parks that I still need in Indiana, I will still look out for your activation ;). I always try to work anybody activating a park using PSK31.

Good luck!

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Rick - N7WE

Been looking Bob - both 40 & 20.  Haven't seen you yet, but will keep watch.

stan W9SMR

Bob just got on from POTA...Worked him from SW FL at 599 24 dB...some QSB..

Look at 14,072.0

73,
Stan
W9SMR

Been looking Bob - both 40 & 20. Haven't seen you yet, but will keep watch.

Got him!  Bright, Strong, and Clean trace into central Florida.  Thanks for activating this POTA Bob!  Have Fun!

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Indiana is too close for me, I am waiting for 40m.

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 12:49 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Got him!  Bright, Strong, and Clean trace into central Florida.  Thanks for activating this POTA Bob!  Have Fun!

Bob KC9UR

Thanks to all the POTA hunters who worked me today and to those who spotted me and generated enthusiasm.  It was great to work you and to get outside and play radio in balmy weather (mid 40s) after being cooped up inside during a colder and snowier than usual February in Indiana.
73,
Bob, KC9UR

Don - KM4UDX

Bob -- how do you do your vertical antenna for pota work?
--
Don, km4udx

Bob KC9UR

Hi Don,
I use an 18ft fiberglass pole and attach a 17ft wire at the top, running down the pole to 4 10ft radials on the ground at the bottom.  The pole is slid over the handle of a screwdriver that is pushed into the ground.  In the picture the pole was leaning because the ground was soft/muddy, and the wind pushed it over.  I also use a QRPGuys Tri-Band Vertical matching unit at the base, which can resonate the 17ft vertical on 20m, 30m, and 40m (switch selectable).  It's not the most efficient antenna, but it seems to work well, and is easy and quick to set up.  I also sometimes use the pole to support the center of a 40m EFHW inverted V antenna for targeting closer-in contacts.  It's resonant on 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m.

Have a great day!
73,
Bob, KC9UR

Don - KM4UDX

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...

Reading emails...awaiting Dick's activation from EL59, and wondering?
Don, what's uBTIX?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...

Jim K5SP

Milt, got 599 from you and then you disappeared on me.   Tried calling several times, no response seen in waterfall.

Nice to see you in the waterfall, no matter how briefly.

On 3/1/2021 10:43 AM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
Reading emails...awaiting Dick's activation from EL59, and wondering?
Don, what's uBTIX?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

Bob --  thank you so much for the info.  I'm endlessly fascinated by POTA antenna stories.  Well done.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

David Tucker

Is Bob gonna be on 20 or 40 ??