KC3EF Spring Road Trip

Richard Rohrer

Grids for tomorrow are:  EM45, EM46, and EM36, if anyone needs them let me know.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Bill-N7RI

I can use EM46 please.
Bill
N7RI
070-1191

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021, 6:50 PM Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:
Grids for tomorrow are:  EM45, EM46, and EM36, if anyone needs them let me know.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Richard Rohrer

Bill, will probably be in grid in about 1730 gmt.

Dick

Bill-N7RI

Thanks Dick.

Bill
N7RI
070-1191

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 9:29 AM Richard Rohrer <kc3ef1@...> wrote:
Bill, will probably be in grid in about 1730 gmt.

Dick

Richard Rohrer

I will be in grid more like 1700.  I will call you.  Have not seen any psk activity.  Will be around 14.072.

Dick

Bill-N7RI

Just got to the rig.  Watching for you.
Bill

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:36 AM Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:
I will be in grid more like 1700.  I will call you.  Have not seen any psk activity.  Will be around 14.072.

Dick

--
Bill Fults
N7RI

Richard Rohrer

Well Bill, we finally made it.  You were good copy in EM46 AR.  I was having problems with getting RF into the computer, it kept freezing Fldigi.  When we stopped for gas I tightened the pl259 on the rig and that seemed to solve the problem.  Let me know if you need any other grids.

Dick - KC3EF

Bill-N7RI

Thanks Dick.   Truly appreciate your travels and giving the Grids when you can.
I'll be traveling this week but I'll be watching the Reflector and have the ability to operate remotely.
Safe travels.

Bill
N7RI
070-1191

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 7:52 PM Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:
Well Bill, we finally made it.  You were good copy in EM46 AR.  I was having problems with getting RF into the computer, it kept freezing Fldigi.  When we stopped for gas I tightened the pl259 on the rig and that seemed to solve the problem.  Let me know if you need any other grids.

Dick - KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

We will be going thru EM03, EM02, and EM01 tomorrow on our way to San Antonio.  Will be starting at EM03 and then heading South.  I will send a text when we are heading out and when we hit the grid.  Worked VA7GEM from EM24, but it was like pulling teeth.  Hope the band is a little more kindly tomorrow.  Will be around 14.072 as usual.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

Hi Dick !

Hope y'all are having fun !

Looks like only grid I need is EM03.  Hope I can hear you.

73,  Jerry  N9AVY

On Saturday, April 17, 2021, 02:17:11 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

We will be going thru EM03, EM02, and EM01 tomorrow on our way to San Antonio.  Will be starting at EM03 and then heading South.  I will send a text when we are heading out and when we hit the grid.  Worked VA7GEM from EM24, but it was like pulling teeth.  Hope the band is a little more kindly tomorrow.  Will be around 14.072 as usual.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Anyone seen Dick - KC3EF/M - on the 20m waterfall this morning or got a text from him?  I haven't, but then prop looks pretty difficult in central Florida right now.  Not much on the waterfall or showing on PSK Reporter.  Hope things improve as we get on into the afternoon.

He was on around 15:00 and Jerry was calling him.  Dick called back but Jerry couldn't cpy him.  He was solid 599 here in Fl so I gave him a shout but Dick didn't come back to me.  One way propagation today?

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

Yep !   Dick messaged me earlier this morning as he was headed to DN03. I briefly heard him with a very, very weak signal, but not enough to print. We tried several times, but no joy. Had a 1-lander call me who failed to copy all or didn't understand what a "KN" means at end of a call. Otherwise not much on this morning...

Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 10:55:06 AM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Anyone seen Dick - KC3EF/M - on the 20m waterfall this morning or got a text from him?  I haven't, but then prop looks pretty difficult in central Florida right now.  Not much on the waterfall or showing on PSK Reporter.  Hope things improve as we get on into the afternoon.

BTW  had all 3 elements pointed at TX - no joy.

John was 599 here in IL... think he has a pipeline from Inverness to IL.

Jerry  n9avy

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 11:11:44 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

He was on around 15:00 and Jerry was calling him.  Dick called back but Jerry couldn't cpy him.  He was solid 599 here in Fl so I gave him a shout but Dick didn't come back to me.  One way propagation today?

John
KC3FL

Rick - N7WE

Just got Dick in EM01.  14.072.  S9+ into central Florida!  Dream come true and the EM01 slot is now filled!  TU Dick and Kathy!

Saw both of you working each other.  Dick was 599 here. Was going to ask him to do a 180 back to DN03, but fingured I didn't want to incur his YLs wrath, hi, hi !

Jerry  N9AVY

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 11:51:47 AM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Just got Dick in EM01.  14.072.  S9+ into central Florida!  Dream come true and the EM01 slot is now filled!  TU Dick and Kathy!

Barry VA7GEM

Dick
I am watching for you in EM03 this am.
drive safe
Barry

Rick - N7WE

Jerry-
Think you meant EM 03.  DN03 is in Oregon and I need that one too!  Now if we could talk them into a road trip to the Pacific Northwest, you, Barry, and I would all be happy!

Barry -
They are driving south to San Antionio.  They were in EM03 earlier today, but I couldn't see them.  Didn't see them from EM02 either.  But he was booming in from EM01!

Mental slip there - yes, I meant EM03.  I usually get it right when sent over the airwaves.  @-0m is virtually dead here again.   Saw a prediction for Cycle 25 and the peak  looks to be around 2025-26 or so -  too bad fr all those looking for great propagation now....

Maybe we could get one of those self-driving vehicles and put a PSK31 station in it with emote access to get around the lousy propagation ??? Emoji

Jerry  n9avy