Topics

KC3EF Road Trip

Richard Rohrer

As everyone has probably guessed the xyl and I are not making our March/April road trip.  Looks those grids will have to wait for another time.  We were working in MD last week and decided this Monday to head back to FL, which we are now safely home.  Not much traffic on I-95 going South, but lots of traffic going North and we saw two really bad traffic jams in SC and GA for the Northbound travelers.  I guess all of the VE's are going home, hi hi.  Look forward to working the upcoming contest.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Rick - N7WE

Welcome home!  Certainly understand and support the decision to skip the trip!  Those grids will be there when this is all over.

The flow out of central Florida is definitely northbound.  But then I would be getting home too if I had been told my travel health care insurance that I bought and paid for was kaput on March 23!  Most of the Canadian snow birds we know buy coverage for the entire time they plan to be in Florida as the Canadian Health care insurance only covers you if you are in Canada.  Guess it was a little know clause in the small print (that no one ever reads) of those contracts that said if the government declares a travel restriction for the area you are in you have 10 days to get home or you pay for any health care costs incurred.  Lots of motor homes and 5th wheels headed up the turnpike towards I-75.

Will look for you tomorrow on the waterfall and maybe we'll be lucky.  We are awfully close in, but we've got lucky a time or two before.  Best to Kathy - pilot of the KC3EF/M grid ship!

KB3RAN 1692/381

Thanks for trying to get me my 50th state.  Propagation was not cooperating.  Glad you're home safely.  Thanks also for the bird list from Bombay Hook and the picture of your operating position.

Dave H
KB3RAN
1692/381

--
Dave H
KB3RAN

Richard Rohrer

Hi Dave,

Yes not good propagation when we tried.  When I got back on 20 after lunch, there were several West coast stations on, but no East coast stations.  Lots of EU stations on FT8.  We will be in DE again in November around Thanksgiving, if we can travel by then, and I will be operating from Newark, DE with a 20mtr and 40mtr dipole.  This may give a better chance on 40.

73
Dick - KC3EF