KC3EF October Road Trip Update

Richard Rohrer

We are currently in Arkadelphia, AR and are heading to Wichita Fall, TX tomorrow after a visit to Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge.  I probably will be on psk31 for a bit check the system out.  As usual I will update on our travel plans with approximate times the night before we are going thru wanted grids.  Will also text about 1/2 hour before we are going to hit the gird if possible.   As usual I will be up around 14.072.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Rick - N7WE

Thanks for the update Dick.  I'll be in and out today, but will watch for you.  I DEFINITELY will be looking for you tomorrow for DM85 and DM74.  Texting half hour before works neat!  Travel safe.  Hi and thanks to Kathy. 73,

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Thanks for the update Dick.   I will be looking for you.

Bob KK6KMU

Dick is calling CQ on 14072.040 at grid EM23.  Says he's just checking setup so it'll be ready when he gets to the needed grids  16:14z

John
KC3FL

Richard Rohrer

Hi Grid Chasers,

Worked John, KC3FL today and he was about the only trace I could see on the waterfall.  Tomorrow will be a big grid day.  We will be going thru DM84, DM85, DM94 and DM95.  I have my list of who needs which of the grids and will try to text 1/2 hours before hitting the grid.  Will also send a text when we are on the grid boundary.  I have the list of who needs the grids and will start by calling those stations.  Then I will take calls from anyone else that want to say hi.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dave on 14071.941 now 15:00z

John
KC3FL

Dick KC3EF not Dave.  hihi

John
KC3FL

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dick was kind enough to make contact with me in EM04 at 1523 UTC.  Be safe and enjoy.

Bob KK6KMu

Richard Rohrer

Well the last two days have been pretty good for most grid hunters.  Sorry I missed a couple of people.  Worked a bunch of people on Tuesday before the swr went to infinity and beyond.  Never could find what caused it.  Today started out having a problem with the computer, could not seem to decode anything and found that MacAfee virus protection was using almost 100% of the cpu.  Stopped the program and everything went back to normal.  Worked most the people I knew needed the grids, but I know I missed a couple.  Kathy and I have seen a lot of rural OK, TX, NM and AZ so far on this trip.  Now on to the bright lights of Las Vegas.  Should be going thru DM33, DM32, DM22, DM23, DM24, DM25, and DM26.  Will be hitting DM27 on Friday.

Kathy and I have been having fun trying to activate the grids and are planning several trips for next year if work permits.

73
Dick - KC3EF

JoAnn Donaldson

Thanks for the NM and AZ contact. I put in my logbook twice once for NM and once for AZ.

JoAnn
AB8YZ