KC3EF October Road Trip

Richard Rohrer

We will be heading West to Las Vegas for an event and will be going thru the following grids:  EM04, DM94, DM95, DM84, DM85, DM87, DM64, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM33, DM22, DM24, DM27, DM93,
DM92, DM82, DM72, DM81, DL79, and DM91.  There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Jerry N9AVY

Dick:

Great on the October trip !!!   As always drive safe.

This could be a jackpot for me with needed  DM94, DM85, DM54 &  DM53 - WOW !  If only the bands will cooperate.

Have fun on the trip !   Best regards to your pilot !

73,    Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, July 4, 2021, 02:37:19 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

We will be heading West to Las Vegas for an event and will be going thru the following grids:  EM04, DM94, DM95, DM84, DM85, DM87, DM64, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM33, DM22, DM24, DM27, DM93,
DM92, DM82, DM72, DM81, DL79, and DM91.  There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Bill-N7RI

Dick
I need a bunch of these grids.  I need:

DM24
DM53
DM54
DM55
DM82
DM84
DM87
DM92
DM94
DM95

Hopefully I'm not traveling those days and the bands cooperate.

73
Bill
N7RI
070-1191

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 1:37 PM Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:
We will be heading West to Las Vegas for an event and will be going thru the following grids:  EM04, DM94, DM95, DM84, DM85, DM87, DM64, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM33, DM22, DM24, DM27, DM93,
DM92, DM82, DM72, DM81, DL79, and DM91.  There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

--
Bill Fults
N7RI

Rick - N7WE

Superior Dick!  Put me down for DM85, DM87 and DM53.  Sure you have to wait until October? - hi hi!  On second thought, wait until October.  Maybe by then I'll have this new Win 10 computer figured out and playing nice with the radio.  Firecracker was a bust with them not cooperating with each other.  Gave up after only making 4 Qs and a gazillion "sending report to Microsoft" messages.  Best to Kathy...travel safe...Happy 4th!

Stephen Melachrinos

Rich -

I need DM85, DM87 and DM53. I hope to be home by then.

We will be heading West to Las Vegas for an event and will be going thru the following grids:  EM04, DM94, DM95, DM84, DM85, DM87, DM64, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM33, DM22, DM24, DM27, DM93,
DM92, DM82, DM72, DM81, DL79, and DM91.  There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Leland Sly

I need a number of these grids...

DM84, DM85, DM53, DM92 & DL79.

Thanks...give me a heads up when your in these.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 8:39 PM Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Rich -

I need DM85, DM87 and DM53. I hope to be home by then.

We will be heading West to Las Vegas for an event and will be going thru the following grids:  EM04, DM94, DM95, DM84, DM85, DM87, DM64, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM33, DM22, DM24, DM27, DM93,
DM92, DM82, DM72, DM81, DL79, and DM91.  There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

stan W9SMR

Fabulous, Dick.

Please put me down for the following: DM27, DM53, DM55, DM84, DM85, DM87 and DM94.

Travel safely and enjoy our Great Western Wonderland!

Happy 4th of July!!

73,
Stan
W9SMR

On Sunday, July 4, 2021, 02:37:19 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@arrl.net> wrote:

We will be heading West to Las Vegas for an event and will be going thru the following grids: EM04, DM94, DM95, DM84, DM85, DM87, DM64, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM33, DM22, DM24, DM27, DM93,
DM92, DM82, DM72, DM81, DL79, and DM91. There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Richard Rohrer

I have compiled a list of everyone's grid request.  I will probably post the schedule before we leave so you will know what day we will be hitting the grid.  As usual I will text those that need that grid when we are approaching.  Rick, Kathy said if she could get ahold of the critter in the attached picture she would activate EL88, hi hi.

We are heading North the end of the month for work and will be in DE for a couple of days, if anyone still needs that state.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

On 7/5/2021 11:12 AM, Richard Rohrer wrote:
  Rick, Kathy said if she could get ahold of the critter in the attached picture she would activate EL88, hi hi.
I think I saw one almost like that parked behind our Sherriff's office!  It might be available to loan, but it probably gets less mpg than your van does.  Can I check and get  back to you? LOL!

Rick

Fr Richard R

Yep I still need DE!
Thanks
Fr Richard
Wb8yxf

Glory to God

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:27, Rick - N7WE
<n7we1980@...> wrote:
On 7/5/2021 11:12 AM, Richard Rohrer wrote:
>   Rick, Kathy said if she could get ahold of the critter in the
> attached picture she would activate EL88, hi hi.

I think I saw one almost like that parked behind our Sherriff's office!
It might be available to loan, but it probably gets less mpg than your
van does.  Can I check and get  back to you? LOL!

Rick

Steve WB3LGC

I will let you know when I am on...  I was on, 40m Saturday night.   73, steve WB3LGC  (I assume PSK31...)

On 7/5/21 11:51 AM, Fr Richard R via groups.io wrote:
Yep I still need DE!

Fr Richard R

Yes PSK 31.
Thank you.

Fr Richard
WB8YXF
2328

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 4:57:51 PM EDT, stephen shearer <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

I will let you know when I am on...  I was on, 40m Saturday night.   73,
steve WB3LGC  (I assume PSK31...)

On 7/5/21 11:51 AM, Fr Richard R via groups.io wrote:
> Yep I still need DE!

Richard Rohrer

Hi Rick,

I found information on the vehicle on the net, it has a 190 mi range.  The inside pictures make is seem luxurious and roomy, not.  Feel sorry for the poor crew members that we assigned to these.  Since the van get about 26mpg and has a 400 or more mile range we probably would have to get a local sheriff to loan us one.  I am sure in TX most departments have something like that and possible some high rate of fire weapons to go with it.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dick,
The LAPD has a fleet of the small BMW all electric cars. Like maybe 25 or 30.
They use them for parking enforcement downtown.
What happened to the days of the Cushman 3 wheel scooters?
Maybe 'cause they're not air conditioned, or the ladies don't like helmet's?
Back to subject...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

I found information on the vehicle on the net, it has a 190 mi range.  The inside pictures make is seem luxurious and roomy, not.  Feel sorry for the poor crew members that we assigned to these.  Since the van get about 26mpg and has a 400 or more mile range we probably would have to get a local sheriff to loan us one.  I am sure in TX most departments have something like that and possible some high rate of fire weapons to go with it.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Steve WB3LGC

glad I could help...  steve

On 7/6/21 2:11 PM, Otets Richard wrote:
I will try on 40m at 8pm EST/EDT

Fr Richard

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 2:05:22 PM EDT, steve WB3LGC <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

Richard, I hope to be on PSK tonight.  8pm  40m  9pm 80m  10pm end...  I may only be running 10w.

If 10w doesn't work, I can run 70w (another day).

I hope you can make it tonight...  if not, another.

73, steve WB3LGC

On 7/5/21 4:57 PM, steve WB3LGC wrote:
I will let you know when I am on...  I was on, 40m Saturday night.   73, steve WB3LGC  (I assume PSK31...)

On 7/5/21 11:51 AM, Fr Richard R via groups.io wrote:
Yep I still need DE!

Fr Richard R

Wonderful Steve, ur in the log

Fr Richard
Wb8yxf

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 20:28, stephen shearer
<sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

glad I could help...  steve

On 7/6/21 2:11 PM, Otets Richard wrote:
I will try on 40m at 8pm EST/EDT

Fr Richard

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 2:05:22 PM EDT, steve WB3LGC <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

Richard, I hope to be on PSK tonight.  8pm  40m  9pm 80m  10pm end...  I may only be running 10w.

If 10w doesn't work, I can run 70w (another day).

I hope you can make it tonight...  if not, another.

73, steve WB3LGC

On 7/5/21 4:57 PM, steve WB3LGC wrote:
I will let you know when I am on...  I was on, 40m Saturday night.   73, steve WB3LGC  (I assume PSK31...)

On 7/5/21 11:51 AM, Fr Richard R via groups.io wrote:
Yep I still need DE!

Barry VA7GEM

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 08:27 PM, stan W9SMR wrote:
There are grids I want to transmit from to get closer to making a QSO in all 488 US grids, which I know won't happen since Kathy won't go to the one in TX, hi hi.
If you need any of these let me know and I will put you on the list.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747
Dick
On one hand I am sympathetic with Kathy's lack of desire to visit that grid but on the other hand I am thinking bribery works wonders. If we all chipped in a dollar and bout Kathy a gift of her choice, do you think this might help her get over her aversion. After all, the climate should be warm and sunny, just like a vacation and not over run with people as it is not in the top ten destinations. Have a good and safe trip.
I will advise later if I have a needs.
cheers
Barry

Richard Rohrer

I have attached the schedule of grids and what day we will be in that grid.  It looks like we are not going thru DM87 as I had posted.  If there are any other girds on the sheet that you need let me know.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dick,

Here is what I need.  I just put them in the order of you calendar.  EM44, EM33, EM03, DM94, DM84, DM85, DM74, DM55, DM54, DM53, DM32, DM24, DM25, DM27, DM36, DM35, DM56, DM74, DM83, and DM82.  Please don't not bother yourself if I am the only one for that grid.  From what I can see I add a dozen new grids.  Have fun with your trip.

Bob
KK6KMU

Richard Rohrer

Hi Bob,

I have you plugged into the matrix.  No problem if you are the only one that needs a grid, it will give me a chance to work another mode other than FT8. which I use to make sure I get a contact in each of the grids I want to transmit from.  The xyl has a lot of fun trying to figure out a route that will get the maximum number of grids, hi hi.

If you want to send me you phone number to my personal email (call sign at arrl) I will text when I am getting ready to enter the grid. That goes for you also N5SLY.

73
Dick - KC3EF