KC3EF April Road Trip Update

Richard Rohrer

We are now in San Antonio TX after a couple of long days driving.

While in DM74 we worked Rick, N7WE, Eric, KG6MZS, Ron, KC0JQO and finally managed to pull in Joe, WB9KVI.  After those qso's the band seemed to close for me.

The rest of the trip on Weds worked Barry VA7GEM in DM84, DM83, and DM82.  John, KC3FL popped in and said hi while we were in DM83.  Today we were not on the air and will probably not be on the rest of the trip since we are going thru grids that most members have.

We will be back in FL on Monday and probably doing yard work for the rest of the week and then heading back to MD for our next round of work.  Hopefully I will be able to get some kind of antenna up outside our RF prof apartment.  I also plan  on getting the power run from the battery to the radio to eliminate the fuse blowing problem.

Looks like our October trip will be to New England.  The skating even we attend is going to be held in Boston this year and we plan on doing some travel after the event.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Eric KG6MZS

A big THANK YOU from this side of the country Dick.  You've inspired me to hit the road in a few weeks and try all this craziness myself.

It was really fun to watch for you in the waterfall.  Your signal came up to an honest 579 at one point and I could see both sides of your QSOs with Ron and Joe clearly.  I had to go back to work after that.

Safe travels to you and Kathy on the rest of the way home and thanks again from 814.

73 Eric KG6MZS

http://kg6mzs.com/grid-expedition-to-dm17/

On 4/21/22 5:50 PM, Richard Rohrer wrote:
[...]

_._,_._,_

Rick - N7WE

Once again Dick, a great big thank you to you and Kathy!  Your road trips sure put some zing into the regular PSK31 happenings.  I'll look forward to your trip this fall.  Got a few grids up there in New England I still don't have in the log.  Safe travels and welcome home back to Florida - even though you're only here pending TDY!

And Eric, go for it big time!  The only thing more fun than chasing grids is being the chased!