Just worked our newest member

Jerry N9AVY

Ted , KN4ZXG  # 2834 !   John , KC3FL, got in right after me. So Ted now has 2 PODXS numbers !   He may show up for TDW as I told him about it.

New grid and new LONP today !!!  Things are looking up !

Jerry  n9avy

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I got him on the 23rd from Meadows of Dan on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Still on the road and planning more radio ops.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Jerry N9AVY

Dave:

He said  I was his first PODXS contact. Did ya send your 070# ?   Glad you got him. His start date is 5/16/21 so we should all be in parameters.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:15:39 AM CDT, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:

I got him on the 23rd from Meadows of Dan on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Still on the road and planning more radio ops.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

I got him on the 25th at 19:19 z.
Milt.
N6MG

He said  I was his first PODXS contact. Did ya send your 070# ?   Glad you got him. His start date is 5/16/21 so we should all be in parameters.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:15:39 AM CDT, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:

I got him on the 23rd from Meadows of Dan on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Still on the road and planning more radio ops.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Jerry N9AVY

Milt:

What's going on with you checker totals ??

Jerry

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:19:43 AM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

I got him on the 25th at 19:19 z.
Milt.
N6MG

He said  I was his first PODXS contact. Did ya send your 070# ?   Glad you got him. His start date is 5/16/21 so we should all be in parameters.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:15:39 AM CDT, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:

I got him on the 23rd from Meadows of Dan on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Still on the road and planning more radio ops.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Jerry,

He did say that you were the first club member that gave him a "welcome to the club" speech   You were probably looking for new members and Dave and Milt might not have been looking for newbies.  I'm sure if they recognized him as being a new member they would have done the same.  I recognized him as being new because I saw you welcome him.

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

John:

Yep, that's what Ted said.  Guess I misinterpreted it a bit.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:48:38 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Jerry,

He did say that you were the first club member that gave him a "welcome to the club" speech   You were probably looking for new members and Dave and Milt might not have been looking for newbies.  I'm sure if they recognized him as being a new member they would have done the same.  I recognized him as being new because I saw you welcome him.

John
KC3FL

KN4ZXG

Howdy guys,

Hate to be the topic of controversy.  I don't have QSOs with either KB3RAN or N6MG.  I've tried to pour through all my logfiles in case I've made a mistake.  FLDIGI saves a text .log file of text that's captured, not sure if it's a signal I've selected or not, in which case, I see KB3RAN in a QSO with CO7HH around 5/21 2214Z.  That's the only reference to him I can find.  I have no QSO in any mode on LOTW either.  Can you guys double check?

To the best of my recollection, the first exchange was Jerry, N9AVY, and right after was John, KC3FL.  I've yet to decide the best way to keep track, but I had deliberately made just an empty 070.adif log file the other day in the meantime.

Very unusual indeed. I checked my log again, and it's there.
I'll chalk it up as experience.
And, if you say the qso isn't in YOUR log, then I'll sure remove it from my log.
Ignore the LotW request for confirmation.
Now, I get to look forward to our 1st qso all over again!
Will you be operating in the 070 Club's Three Day Weekend Contest next weekend?...
June 4th, 00:00 Z to June 6th, 23:59 Z? 72 hours!
If so, see ya there.
Milt.
N6MG